The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Sociology Paper 1 (7192/1) - 22nd May [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by veraaloe
What would even count as AO3 for the 10 marker - LOL idk much, I've only done sociology for the last 7 months

Oh like any criticisms you don't need to include them, just a point then any sociologists or studies e.g. questionnaire used or participant observations then explain the purpose of that.
Original post by izzy4509x
30 markers:

Evaluate the view that relationships and processes within schools have the biggest impact on pupil achievement

Evaluate sociological explanations for differences in subject choice by gender.

Evaluate sociological explanations for the role of the education system.

Evaluate the claim that although girls outperform boys in terms of achievement, the experience of schooling reinforces traditional gender identity.

Evaluate the view that gender differences in education are mostly due to factors within the education system.

Evaluate the view that social class differences in education are mostly due to factors within the education system.

Evaluate the view that ethnic differences in education are mostly due to factors within the education system.

Evaluate the view that conflict theories are more useful in our understanding of the education system compared to consensus theories.

Do you have one for RM?
Reply 62
Original post by studynutella
Do you have one for RM?

I have some for theory (10 markers) but not so much methods in context, I can put the theory ones?
Reply 63
I have some for theory (10 markers) but not so much methods in context, I can put the theory ones?

Yes theories and methods would be really helpful please.
Could subject choice ever come up as a 30 marker?

Yes plss
Does anyone have question banks in general? For essays especially
Reply 67
Original post by studynutella
Does anyone have question banks in general? For essays especially

if you search something like "sociology a level education question bank" this Wordpress pdf should come up, it has ones for crime, theory/methods etc
Reply 68
Original post by 16bhatam
Yes theories and methods would be really helpful please.

Outline and explain two arguments against the view that sociology is a science.

Outline and explain two reasons why sociologists may not influence government policy.

Outline and explain two arguments against the view that sociology can be value free.

Outline and explain two arguments in favour of the view that sociological research should have an influence on social policy.

Outline and explain two ways in which structuralist theories differ from social action or interpretivist theories.

Outline and explain two arguments that suggest that society may have moved beyond modernity to a new stage of postmodernity.

Outline and explain two ways in which a sociologist’s subjective beliefs and values may influence sociological research.

these are all 10 markers for theory (not methods) :smile:
Reply 69
Outline and explain two arguments against the view that sociology is a science.

Outline and explain two reasons why sociologists may not influence government policy.

Outline and explain two arguments against the view that sociology can be value free.

Outline and explain two arguments in favour of the view that sociological research should have an influence on social policy.

Outline and explain two ways in which structuralist theories differ from social action or interpretivist theories.

Outline and explain two arguments that suggest that society may have moved beyond modernity to a new stage of postmodernity.

Outline and explain two ways in which a sociologist’s subjective beliefs and values may influence sociological research.

these are all 10 markers for theory (not methods) :smile:

Thank you :wink:
Reply 70
Original post by 16bhatam
Thank you :wink:

no worries :smile:
Hey, my teacher says he thinks the 30 marker is will be on globalisation, can anyone tell me how i would answer this question?
Reply 72
Original post by wkathryn17
Hey, my teacher says he thinks the 30 marker is will be on globalisation, can anyone tell me how i would answer this question?

One point could be Increased Multiculuralism due to more Migration -> How it challenges the National Curriculum

I can't think of any more well defined points

Also would it be a Role of or evaluate question ?
Reply 73
One point could be Increased Multiculuralism due to more Migration -> How it challenges the National Curriculum

I can't think of any more well defined points

Also would it be a Role of or evaluate question ?

for globalisation you could also talk about more international students who pay higher fees and the implications of this (eg. more money for unis to improve facilities but also risk of reliance), you could also talk about how globalisation and marketisation kinda go hand in hand which helps a lot if globalisation was a 30 marker because then you can talk about private companies and global corporations (eg. Pearson sells educational materials globally) - for all of this you can then discuss neoliberalist ideas in terms of the value of education being how well it enables a country to perform well globally

https://quizlet.com/_d25nke?x=1jqt&i=1ykyn7 this is my quizlet for education functions/policy it has some of this stuff in it :smile:

in terms of role of or evaluate I have no idea but so far im planning for Evaluate sociological explanations for the impact of globalisation on educational achievement, hope this helps!!
Reply 74
Do you have mnemonic like PEEALE or PERC that you use for your 10 marker or 30 marker ?

for my 30 mark questions i do about 5 paragraphs and a conclusion. i base my essay structure on the item but my paragraph structure goes Point Evidence Explain/Analyse and then a little Evaluation at the end :smile:
Reply 75
i finished a level sociology last year, so good luck everyone you’ll all do great :smile:
Reply 76
for globalisation you could also talk about more international students who pay higher fees and the implications of this (eg. more money for unis to improve facilities but also risk of reliance), you could also talk about how globalisation and marketisation kinda go hand in hand which helps a lot if globalisation was a 30 marker because then you can talk about private companies and global corporations (eg. Pearson sells educational materials globally) - for all of this you can then discuss neoliberalist ideas in terms of the value of education being how well it enables a country to perform well globally

https://quizlet.com/_d25nke?x=1jqt&i=1ykyn7 this is my quizlet for education functions/policy it has some of this stuff in it :smile:

in terms of role of or evaluate I have no idea but so far im planning for Evaluate sociological explanations for the impact of globalisation on educational achievement, hope this helps!!

for my plan I did: neoliberalism, privatisation, marketisation, league tables and multiculturalism (and intro/conclusion)
Original post by Hellokitty123abc
Possibly could be impact of globalisation on marketisation policies

wasn't that last year's 30 marker?? i doubt they'd put it again
Original post by BlackScreen
wasn't that last year's 30 marker?? i doubt they'd put it again

No it wasn’t. It was about marketisation policies increasing diversity and choice something like that
I personally feel like it’ll be on gender identities

oh ok thanks very much :smile: also, does anyone else feel like 2 hours is really short for the exam, we have so much to write :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending