The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Sociology Paper 1 (7192/1) - 22nd May [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by wkathryn17
oh ok thanks very much :smile: also, does anyone else feel like 2 hours is really short for the exam, we have so much to write :s-smilie:

wish we had 2 and a half hours tbh I get that for English
Reply 81
How many Research Methods are there? I'm trying to make a Checklist:

So far there has been (on 20 markers)
1. Unstructured Interviews
2. Structured Interviews
3. Field Experiments
4. Participant Observation
5. Written Questionnaires
6. Non-participant Observations
7. Secondary Data -> Documents etc
8. Group Interviews
Reply 82
Original post by veraaloe

2. Structured Interviews
3. Field Experiments
8. Group Interviews

lab experiments maybe
Reply 83
How would a question solely on gender identities be worded?
Reply 84
Original post by livssd
lab experiments maybe

Was thinking of that - I made an essay plan but it was hard for me to find strengths
Reply 85
Was thinking of that - I made an essay plan but it was hard for me to find strengths

lab experiments are a weird one in sociology yeah, id go for increased reliability of data and adding to sociology's credibility as a science? (and then evaluate those too)
Reply 86

-Highly reliable, as variables are easily controlled, produces quantitative data and is a very detached and objective method (theoretical)
-Attractive to funding bodies due to their scientific nature, researchers can easily conduct the experiment as respondents come to them, so they don’t have to travel (practical)

2. Structured Interviews
3. Field Experiments
8. Group Interviews

Make sure that when talking about secondary data to include Official Statistics
Reply 88
Original post by Emilycscott__
Yeah this would be so helpful if anyone knows the past question!

1) ways schools promote competition between pupils.
2) ways education is seen as patriarchal
3) ways relationships and processes in schools may lead to antischool subcultures
4) marketisation policies impact on diversity and choice in education
5) group interviews to investigate subject choice
6)why official stats should not be seen as social facts
Reply 89
Do you guys know how a question about globalisation might be worded
Original post by um :0
guys, do you think the 30 marker would be on globalisation and education?
Original post by 10lol10x
Do you guys know how a question about globalisation might be worded

My teacher is past exmainer and she really doesn’t think the 30 marker will be globalisation

This is becasue globalisation is a small part and talks about how globalisation has affected education, and there’s nothing to argue against globalisation happening or changing education so it can’t be an evaluate question.

They could try and combine it with marketisation or something but it would be a cruel question. I’m hoping for social class internal and external but we’ll see
Reply 91
Original post by Penelopeyoun
My teacher is past exmainer and she really doesn’t think the 30 marker will be globalisation

This is becasue globalisation is a small part and talks about how globalisation has affected education, and there’s nothing to argue against globalisation happening or changing education so it can’t be an evaluate question.

They could try and combine it with marketisation or something but it would be a cruel question. I’m hoping for social class internal and external but we’ll see

Could be a possible 10 marker instead ? As only Government and Marketisation policies have been used

Also we haven't had a Role of Education question in a while - could be a possibility ?
Maybe privitisation ngl because everything is becoming privatised now
Reply 93
That’s what my teacher has been saying

Could be a possible 10 marker instead ? As only Government and Marketisation policies have been used

Also we haven't had a Role of Education question in a while - could be a possibility ?
Reply 94

yh same hoping for that
Reply 95
Original post by Hummyxx
That’s what my teacher has been saying

For roles?
Reply 96
Is there any reason why it would be social class ? this was asked recently, I thought ethnicity is much more likely as it’s been longer since that’s appeared. I could be wrong but let me know

It’s actually been longer since class appeared (2018) and that was class overall not internal/external

Ethnicity was 2019 if I’m correct

Either way big top is liek gender and marketisation have been tested recently so I’m not sure
Combined the two conversations about the same paper :smile:
Reply 99
what are the predictions for 30 markers? when was the last education policy Q - is that a possibility?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending