The Student Room Group

maths gcse edexcel higher paper 2

anyone know what’s likely to come up in tomorrow’s paper? vectors didn’t come up in the last one so probably that?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by nehaall
anyone know what’s likely to come up in tomorrow’s paper? vectors didn’t come up in the last one so probably that?

Really hoping vectors doesn't come up
Reply 2
Original post by AT-2001
Really hoping vectors doesn't come up

Vectors is very likely to come up in paper 2 or 3 since there was no vectors in paper 1.
Original post by nehaall

Trigonometry is likely so make you you go over that and yes vectors is likely. Other things such as rearranging formulas , sequences, competing the square, simultaneous equations are all likely. Make sure you cover everything even some of the topics that came up in paper 1 because exam boards sometimes repeat topics.
Original post by Notnek
Vectors is very likely to come up in paper 2 or 3 since there was no vectors in paper 1.

what is that?

not even being dramatic, whata are they?
Reply 5
Original post by Sunshine713
Trigonometry is likely so make you you go over that and yes vectors is likely. Other things such as rearranging formulas , sequences, competing the square, simultaneous equations are all likely. Make sure you cover everything even some of the topics that came up in paper 1 because exam boards sometimes repeat topics.

yeah thanks for that, i really hope there aren’t many 3d trig questions thoughhhh - they’re the worst.
Reply 6
Original post by ohdearstudying
what is that?

You've never heard of vectors? Are you doing GCSE paper 2 tomorrow?
what is that?

Pls revise this it’s incredibly likely. It’s that thing where they give a shape and A- B is like 2a and then b-c is like b and then you have to find the distance to A-C by adding 2a+b
Reply 8
what is that?

oh you’re screwed
Reply 9
I don't do edexcel, even thought it's similar to AQA i guess, but what topics do you guys presume might come up tomorrow?
Reply 10
what is that?

it’s the thing where you have a shape and you have to express a distance in certain letters
Thinking a ratio question again.

Pythagoras in 3D
Reciprocals
Trig
Venn Diagrams
Area and perimter using algebra
Nth term of quadratic sequences
Estimate of mean
Histograms
Upper and lower bounds
Direct and indirect proportion
Changing subject of equation
Scatter diagrams/gradient of lines
Recurring decimals
Similarity
Algebra (multi stage)
Original post by nehaall
yeah thanks for that, i really hope there aren’t many 3d trig questions thoughhhh - they’re the worst.

Use mathswatch for 3D trig I didn’t learn it until yday and I’m fairly confident on it now . Mathswatch also has a predicted topics list so take a look
Reply 13

Pythagoras in 3D
Reciprocals
Trig
Venn Diagrams
Estimate of mean
Histograms
Upper and lower bounds
Recurring decimals
Similarity
Algebra (multi stage)

yes i think definitely histograms either tomorrow or tuesday. and similarity and congruence hasn’t come up yet.
Reply 14
Use mathswatch for 3D trig I didn’t learn it until yday and I’m fairly confident on it now . Mathswatch also has a predicted topics list so take a look

will do! thanks a lot

Pythagoras in 3D
Reciprocals
Trig
Venn Diagrams
Estimate of mean
Histograms
Upper and lower bounds
Recurring decimals
Similarity
Algebra (multi stage)

Direct and indirect proportion came up I think? I think functions is a likely topic 😓
Could iteration (probably including trial and improvement) come up, as it hasn't come up in a long time in some higher papers?
Reply 17
Original post by Nifemi_5
Could iteration (probably including trial and improvement) come up, as it hasn't come up in a long time in some higher papers?

i think iteration’s definitely important to revise, even though it hasn’t come up for a while
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 18
Direct and indirect proportion came up I think? I think functions is a likely topic 😓

maybe completing the square
Original post by nehaall
i think iteration’s definitely important to revise, even though it hasn’t come up for a while

very true tbh, thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest