The Student Room Group

maths gcse edexcel higher paper 2

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Notnek
You've never heard of vectors? Are you doing GCSE paper 2 tomorrow?

Yes...my school hasn't had a maths teacher for nearly a month and I have been trying to learn the whole Higher syllabus in 10 months...

Original post by Sunshine713
Pls revise this it’s incredibly likely. It’s that thing where they give a shape and A- B is like 2a and then b-c is like b and then you have to find the distance to A-C by adding 2a+b

Thank you for at least trying to explain it :smile: I definitely will, thank you!

Original post by nehaall
oh you’re screwed

I hope not...I'm aiming for a 6...
Original post by nehaall
maybe completing the square

oh that's not too bad. Maybe quadratic formula aswell, but that's kind of an easy topic, so maybe, idk
Original post by nehaall
it’s the thing where you have a shape and you have to express a distance in certain letters

Gonna go on YouTube and attempt to learn it.
Reply 23
Original post by ohdearstudying
I hope not...I'm aiming for a 6...

ah good luck! just try learning vectors asap as it’ll probably come up
Reply 24
do you think loci and constructions will come up? doesn’t generally tend to, but still important to revise?
Direct and indirect proportion came up I think? I think functions is a likely topic 😓

functions! yes!! please be f(x) or something idk f(x-3) would be a dream, if they tell us to plot it or something dsgnjsgdkjn
Reply 26
Yes...my school hasn't had a maths teacher for nearly a month and I have been trying to learn the whole Higher syllabus in 10 months....

Here's a full topic list. Click on the vectors link to get some examples of vectors question. Or this link shows you a list of topics that haven't appeared yet.
Reply 27
functions! yes!! please be f(x) or something idk f(x-3) would be a dream, if they tell us to plot it or something dsgnjsgdkjn

inverse functions too maybe
Original post by nehaall
ah good luck! just try learning vectors asap as it’ll probably come up

i'm going to definitely.

i think trig is going to be a big topic.

by the way most of those topics came from (well of them) from the PiXL predicted paper :smile:
Gonna go on YouTube and attempt to learn it.

I recommend mathswatch for you to learn it if you have access to it
Reply 30
i'm going to definitely.

i think trig is going to be a big topic.

by the way most of those topics came from (well of them) from the PiXL predicted paper :smile:

haven’t seen that, do you have a link?
Original post by nehaall
haven’t seen that, do you have a link?

Here's a link to the topics, sorry no exam.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mq-Ee33-Mldb_dLbvYWaS5cuAMVj_rezZ5zfB_5_OGI/edit?usp=sharing
Reply 32
Original post by duckworth-s
Pie Charts, completing the square, iterations, vectors, 3D Pythagoras and trigonometry, Venn diagrams, gradient of a curved line, recurring decimal to fraction, congruent shapes, constructions (perpendicular and angular bisectors) and probably more algebra proof questionsThis is a lot of stuff where you just need to revise the methods and remember then, especially with completing the square, 3 way Venn diagrams, recurring decimals and constructions.

yeah i think you’re right, a lot of that will probably come up! thanks.
Original post by nehaall
inverse functions too maybe

lmao no clue what that is

I recommend mathswatch for you to learn it if you have access to it

i do! will use that, thank you!

Original post by Notnek
Here's a full topic list. Click on the vectors link to get some examples of vectors question. Or this link shows you a list of topics that haven't appeared yet.

thank you!!! i will try that!
Reply 34

thanks for this
Here's the paper and answers:
https://youtu.be/H2enaDi9qXs
Original post by n.ehal
anyone know what’s likely to come up in tomorrow’s paper? vectors didn’t come up in the last one so probably that?

Vectors quantity

Quick Reply

Latest