The Student Room Group

TSR Engineering Society

Scroll to see replies

shuvle
Y2

best bits: the city.

worst bits: the course is hard.

i live quite locally - live about 10 miles away - ponty so spend a lot of time in cardiff and absolutely love the city. However this is one of the downsides for me as i want to move away from where i live like.

Any more info about the course in general. What the course is like etc. What books would reccomend for the first year etc. what do you enjoy/dislike about the course itself etc
Reply 101
Cambridge is good. Hard work though.
anybody want to dicuss offers/applications?

sent mine off today woot woot.
anyone?
Reply 104
Sure why not :smile:
RNQ
Sure why not :smile:

where have you applied?
Reply 106
eulerwaswrong
where have you applied?

I've applied to Imperial, Bristol and Bath for Mech Eng, and Warwick and Cambridge for General Engineering, you?
RNQ
I've applied to Imperial, Bristol and Bath for Mech Eng, and Warwick and Cambridge for General Engineering, you?

Imperial
Cambridge
Cardiff
Birmingham
Loughbrough

for civils - except for cambridge obviously.

Heard anything off them yet?
Reply 108
I've just got Acknowledgements from Bristol, Cambridge and an open day invitation from Warwick.

Nowt from Imperial or Bath.
RNQ
I've just got Acknowledgements from Bristol, Cambridge and an open day invitation from Warwick.

Nowt from Imperial or Bath.

all i have had is acknowledgements except from cardiff and imperial which im a bit mift at.

Did you apply open or to a college in cam?
Reply 110
I applied to Jesus, and yourself?
RNQ
I applied to Jesus, and yourself?

open. wish id applied to jesus because of that civils/geotechnics master theyve got there
Reply 112
eulerwaswrong
open. wish id applied to jesus because of that civils/geotechnics master theyve got there

Yea I realised that later on, pretty lucky I guess. But on the other hand, it might make things trickier. Oh well, it looks nice.
RNQ
Yea I realised that later on, pretty lucky I guess. But on the other hand, it might make things trickier. Oh well, it looks nice.

just reading over my SAQ now - and just wondering what have you put in the additional information/personal statement bit?
Reply 114
eulerwaswrong
just reading over my SAQ now - and just wondering what have you put in the additional information/personal statement bit?

Erm...it was a while ago, I think I just wrote the usual stuff about Cambridge Engineering...
RNQ
Erm...it was a while ago, I think I just wrote the usual stuff about Cambridge Engineering...

like...
any offers yet
ive got an offer off Loughbrough and an interview off Birmingham. Anybody heard anything from imperial/cardiff yet?
anyone?
Reply 118
eulerwaswrong
any offers yet
ive got an offer off Loughbrough and an interview off Birmingham. Anybody heard anything from imperial/cardiff yet?

Did you go to an interview for Loughborough?
Pr0tégé
Did you go to an interview for Loughborough?

no

Quick Reply

Latest