The Student Room Group

Tips for Aerospace engineering?

I'm starting Aerospace engineering undergrad this Sept 2023, and I wanna know any tips from past/current students? How the workload is, the student culture, activities, how to set yourself up for success?
Original post by adyysonline
I'm starting Aerospace engineering undergrad this Sept 2023, and I wanna know any tips from past/current students? How the workload is, the student culture, activities, how to set yourself up for success?

Hello,

I am a Mechanical Engineering student, but I am sure our experience would be similar in a lot of ways.

The workload is manageable if you stay on top of it from day 1. Engineering is a demanding degree, and requires a lot of time and effort to be put in. A personal working/revision timetable would be of great help.

A few tips that have greatly helped me:
- Stay on top of module content through constant regular revision
- Ask for clarification where unsure
- Start working on your assignments well in advance
- Seek feedback from your lecturers on your assignments before the actual submission, to help you improve the quality of your work before you submit
- Join an academic society (e.g. Aerospace Society) to further develop your knowledge and skills, and to undertake extra-curricular projects
- Set measurable goals
- Take a break from studies by engaging in social events, such as those organised by your Students' Union
- Be outgoing and make new friends

Hope this helps and best of luck for your studies!

Kind regards,
Juzer
Coventry University Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest