The Student Room Group

Sociology at the University of Kent

Hiya,

I'm the social media ambassador for SSPSSR (Sociology, Criminology, Social Policy, Cultural Studies etc.) at the University of Kent, and I am here to answer any questions from either confirmed applicants or people interested in the course at Kent uni. So if you guys have any questions feel free to ask me :smile:
Have they ever decided to lower the rent charges, costs more than when I was in London.
Original post by random_matt
Have they ever decided to lower the rent charges, costs more than when I was in London.

Which rent would this be? Student on-campus accommodation is more expensive than the 2nd and 3rd year housing. In my experience, Kent is more expensive than other more northern uni's but is fairly well priced in comparison to London and other southern uni's such as Sussex, Brighton, Southampton, Essex etc.
Original post by KirstyDavis981
Which rent would this be? Student on-campus accommodation is more expensive than the 2nd and 3rd year housing. In my experience, Kent is more expensive than other more northern uni's but is fairly well priced in comparison to London and other southern uni's such as Sussex, Brighton, Southampton, Essex etc.

£6,500 parkwood flats, had cheaper accommodation in London.
Original post by random_matt
£6,500 parkwood flats, had cheaper accommodation in London.

I would say it is worth it though as you will only do it for one year and you will get a student loan which will help cover it! Plus you get so many new experiences living in halls and all bills are included. Additionally, as I said previously this price is very similar to most uni student hall prices plus Kent's accommodation wins awards for its high standards.
I would say it is worth it though as you will only do it for one year and you will get a student loan which will help cover it! Plus you get so many new experiences living in halls and all bills are included. Additionally, as I said previously this price is very similar to most uni student hall prices plus Kent's accommodation wins awards for its high standards.

No, it really isn't, but I do not have the luxury of being born with a silver spoon dangling out my mouth. In hindsight I made a bad decision, and left quickly so my student finance was not effected. The uni offered me no extra financial help, so unfortunately that was that. But it is a very good university if you can afford it.
Hiya,

I'm the social media ambassador for SSPSSR (Sociology, Criminology, Social Policy, Cultural Studies etc.) at the University of Kent, and I am here to answer any questions from either confirmed applicants or people interested in the course at Kent uni. So if you guys have any questions feel free to ask me :smile:

How lenient have they been in terms of grades

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending