The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Kingston university

Anyone going to Kingston university for masters in pharmaceutical sciences this September??!!
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Anna011
Anyone going to Kingston university for masters in pharmaceutical sciences this September??!!

Hey! i'm a 3rd year biomedical science student (in september) at kingston university! Honestly i know a few people who did pharmaceutical sciences BSc and MSc and everyone has said that the course is quite interesting, the lecturers are good and helpful ( i can vouch for this cause we share some of the same lecturers) , the lecture halls are quite spacious etc and tbh the exams/coursework are easily manageable especially first yr so long as you prepare early! I apologise if i didnt answer your question, but i thought id give you an insight into a uni you might be attending! if you have any further questions or anything feel free to PM me to ask!
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
Reply 2
Original post by Dark_Knight123
Hey! i'm a 3rd year biomedical science student (in september) at kingston university! Honestly i know a few people who did pharmaceutical sciences BSc and MSc and everyone has said that the course is quite interesting, the lecturers are good and helpful ( i can vouch for this cause we share some of the same lecturers) , the lecture halls are quite spacious etc and tbh the exams/coursework are easily manageable especially first yr so long as you prepare early! I apologise if i didnt answer your question, but i thought id give you an insight into a uni you might be attending! if you have any further questions or anything feel free to PM me to ask!

Hey dark knight! Thank you for your insightful reply. Kingston is amazing right. I’m excited to be there. Maybe we could meet up. Congratulations for entering 3rd year. I sure know you’re psyched about it!
Original post by Anna011
Hey dark knight! Thank you for your insightful reply. Kingston is amazing right. I’m excited to be there. Maybe we could meet up. Congratulations for entering 3rd year. I sure know you’re psyched about it!

Initially my first choice was St George's university as i want to do medicine, and they had a scheme whereby if you performed very well in the BSc Biomedical science degree then they would consider you for an interview for medicine, but unfortunately i didnt get in, so i ended up at kingston and i thought it's the end of the world. However, it's a nice university, with a close community since the area is between london and surrey and like i said before some of the lecturers are very good, some of them are really bad, so you just have to gauge who to go to etc. I live about a 20 min drive/ 1 hour bus journey from kingston so if you would like to meet up, i'd be more than happy to show you the uni, the area surrounding it and anything else you need. Lol i'm happy cause i want to finish the degree but i'd rather be in 1st year as it is less stressful. Like i said before private message me or give me some form of contact detail such as a social media account so i can tell you more/ answer any doubts/questions you have. Hope this helps!
(edited 5 years ago)
Sorry to ask randomly but do you guys know anyone that has done or is doing computer science at the uni. I would greatly appreciate it if you can help thanks.
Reply 5
Original post by Dark_Knight123
Initially my first choice was St George's university as i want to do medicine, and they had a scheme whereby if you performed very well in the BSc Biomedical science degree then they would consider you for an interview for medicine, but unfortunately i didnt get in, so i ended up at kingston and i thought it's the end of the world. However, it's a nice university, with a close community since the area is between london and surrey and like i said before some of the lecturers are very good, some of them are really bad, so you just have to gauge who to go to etc. I live about a 20 min drive/ 1 hour bus journey from kingston so if you would like to meet up, i'd be more than happy to show you the uni, the area surrounding it and anything else you need. Lol i'm happy cause i want to finish the degree but i'd rather be in 1st year as it is less stressful. Like i said before private message me or give me some form of contact detail such as a social media account so i can tell you more/ answer any doubts/questions you have. Hope this helps!

Surely dark knight...I'll get in touch soon...!
Original post by username2088029

Hi :smile: what r the pros and cons of studying biomed in kingston? Also, how hard would u say biomed was overakk (all 3 yrs)? Like r the exams difficult or would u be fine if u've revised the content. Also is it difficult to get a 1st or a 2:1 - or is it commonly achieved? Lastly, what r the contact hours like - how many days a week would u be at uni (+ how many hours a day)- what would the timetable look like for all 3 yrs? Ur reply would be appreciated dearly, thank u soo much :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending