The Student Room Group

Provisional licence still says in progress awaiting return form?? Help

Scroll to see replies

whats the number to call them
DVLA Driving Licence Enquiries Telephone: 0300 790 6801 Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm Saturdays, 8am to 4pm
Original post by Maho19
I applied for my provisional licence back in april, but didn’t send off the documants until mid may time. I recently got my documants sent back to me (birth.c and N.Security) but there’s still no sign of the actual licence. When I go on the tracker it still says In Progress: Awaiting Application Return Form’. What should I do? or do I just keep waiting.

There is a massive backlog at the DVLA - most staff are still working from home due to unions saying it’s not safe re covid ( according to the papers) I think I would contact them because mid May was 5 months ago - What a nightmare situation if your trying to book lessons and can’t because of delays to issue of licience
I have applied on 29 Aug, sent document on 8 September. Till today its 5 weeks but same status being shown - Awaiting Application Return Form.I need to travel in another 1-2 months. Will get my ID card in another 1 or 1.5 months ?
Did anyone get any reply from dvla
Original post by psonani
I have applied on 29 Aug, sent document on 8 September. Till today its 5 weeks but same status being shown - Awaiting Application Return Form.I need to travel in another 1-2 months. Will get my ID card in another 1 or 1.5 months ?

yeahh I applied in mid june and got mine in early sep
Original post by therecipient
Good morning, I wonder if anyone could assist.I applied online for a license renewal (10 year renewal) As I applied online and passport details available I did not need to send anything else. On Saturday the tracker stated "Transaction complete - License issued"

Does this mean that the photo-card now has to be manufactured and posted or that it is already in the mail?

Anyone have any experience on how long it took to receive the photo-card after tracker changed to "Transaction completed"?

How long did it take for you to get the documents delivered after the transaction completed status
Good news for people dvla is processing for applications received on 02 September right now
How long dis it take to come x
Reply 389
You mean they update the status one day before receiving? Did they send your passport and your driving license together in the same day ?
Screenshot_20220219_234559_com.twitter.android.jpg
Reply 391
Original post by AlexaB05
The same thing happened to me. Its nothing to worry about. They just keep that status until they have checked everything and are ready to send it off. About one day before i received my provisional, the status was updated. So it should be the same for you.

Please I applied too but i haven’t received any forms
Reply 392
Original post by Eirly
Please I applied too but i haven’t received any forms
have you received yours yet? i applied on 1st feb sent documents on the 12th arrived next day and i’ve not heard anything
I’ve had same issue, sent off online application got asked to send an application form. Called up dvla and a lady said if I complete certain parts of a D1 form and attach my transaction number from the online request onto the form that’ll be fine. I’m concerned this will impact the process. I only sent off the D1 form 5 working days ago but I have my CBT booked in for end of March
Original post by Jude858
I’ve had same issue, sent off online application got asked to send an application form. Called up dvla and a lady said if I complete certain parts of a D1 form and attach my transaction number from the online request onto the form that’ll be fine. I’m concerned this will impact the process. I only sent off the D1 form 5 working days ago but I have my CBT booked in for end of March
they sent me mine back saying they needed more proof of who i was so i am waiting to send off again it’s so frustrating
Original post by gjhrfjor
they sent me mine back saying they needed more proof of who i was so i am waiting to send off again it’s so frustrating
I was told to fill out section 1 and section 7 + sign it. But I did put my transaction number from the online application on the D1 form so hopefully that’ll help
Original post by Jude858
I was told to fill out section 1 and section 7 + sign it. But I did put my transaction number from the online application on the D1 form so hopefully that’ll help
they didn’t tell me to fill that out just said i needed to send off my ni number

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending