The Student Room Group

Provisional licence still says in progress awaiting return form?? Help

Scroll to see replies

Original post by barnetlad
A reasonable thing to do, but surely this could be stated on the homepage?

I guess, but it didn’t take me a minute to find official confirmation so I’m not sure why so many people were suddenly baffled by the situation:

https://www.gov.uk/apply-first-provisional-driving-licence
Original post by Nads420
Yeah says no licence issued! Would they really just send you the money back? They'd also have to send back the IDs I'd provided them with anyway?

So wouldn't they just wait it out and process all the applications once things are starting to get better and people are allowed to work again ?

Hi
Actually many of us received pur money back in the postal cheque but no body received their id so far so you will receive your cheque back soon for sure but we dont know when will we receive our ids as earlier i said no one updated us here if they got their id back yet

So you just wait to get a cheque and same if you receive your id please update us

Firther holding applications for such a long time during pandemic doesnt make sense where they already refunding the licence fee

Regards

Rehan
Original post by Rehan0786
Hi
Actually many of us received pur money back in the postal cheque but no body received their id so far so you will receive your cheque back soon for sure but we dont know when will we receive our ids as earlier i said no one updated us here if they got their id back yet

So you just wait to get a cheque and same if you receive your id please update us

Firther holding applications for such a long time during pandemic doesnt make sense where they already refunding the licence fee

Regards

Rehan

Hi
I just received the ✉️ about refund money after four days when I saw my status "transactions completed no licence issued"
But when I will receive a support document as Passport??? How soon?
If someone has the same problem and any information how to solve that question...let me know please
Original post by alexmiron
Hi
I just received the ✉️ about refund money after four days when I saw my status "transactions completed no licence issued"
But when I will receive a support document as Passport??? How soon?
If someone has the same problem and any information how to solve that question...let me know please

Hi
Actually no body yet received the supporting documents back
So once (if even either you) someone will receive the documents , will update us here
Reply 44
Hi

Regards

Rehan

Will be sure to post here and let you all know, hope everyone can do the same! Yous have all been very helpful, so thank you!

No post for me as of yet😊

GOV website just states that if you've already applied, no need to contact them, your application will just take longer, so this forum is about as good as info as I've found.
Hi guys,

That is update ,what DVLA replied on my request about my ID...

Thank you for your enquiry received on 21/4/2020.
Your case reference number is 02476408.

We understand your concern at not having received your identification documents yet.

It might help if we explain that for security purposes ID is always returned separately to a driving licence.

If you don’t receive your ID within 3 weeks of you receiving your driving licence please call our contact centre:

0300 790 6801
Monday to Friday 10.00am to 4.00pm

We have to be patient and again wait...
Original post by Nads420
Will be sure to post here and let you all know, hope everyone can do the same! Yous have all been very helpful, so thank you!

No post for me as of yet😊

GOV website just states that if you've already applied, no need to contact them, your application will just take longer, so this forum is about as good as info as I've found.

Thanks for your message
Yeah we will update for the peace of mind of others 👍
Hi guys,

We understand your concern at not having received your identification documents yet.

It might help if we explain that for security purposes ID is always returned separately to a driving licence.

If you don’t receive your ID within 3 weeks of you receiving your driving licence please call our contact centre:

0300 790 6801

Hi and thanks very much for a very helpful update

It is really great peace of mind so finally we at least know our id's are still with them
Reply 48
Hi guys,

0300 790 6801

Automated message from before the lockdown ??? Annoying! The number is the one you get cut off from! Oh well, hopefully someone gets there's soon. Got my cheque in the mail today too
Original post by Nads420
Automated message from before the lockdown ??? Annoying! The number is the one you get cut off from! Oh well, hopefully someone gets there's soon. Got my cheque in the mail today too

Hi and thanks for sharing the good news

Now we are waiting for the Id's so lets hope we all get it soon
Hi and thanks very much for a very helpful update

It is really great peace of mind so finally we at least know our id's are still with them

Hey guys,
I have same issue with ( first provisional driving licence)
The Transaction status is {No Licence issued} , I received the refund cheque on 21/4, so according to the message from DVLA I have to wait for 3 weeks to get my ID back.
Thank you guys for your postings
Original post by ageel860
Hey guys,
The Transaction status is {No Licence issued} , I received the refund cheque on 21/4, so according to the message from DVLA I have to wait for 3 weeks to get my ID back.

Yes same , We are all waiting for our id's now as they are no longer issuing licences but who told you for the id's you havd to wait for 3 weeks?
(edited 4 years ago)
Hey guys,

How you contacted dvla I mean they are not taking normal enquiries nowadays
Could you please explain how you received the reply from dvla of you will receive you id back after three weeks
Reply 53
Could you please explain how you received the reply from dvla of you will receive you id back after three weeks

Interested to know too. Haven't seen any info posted by DVLA, nor have been able to contact them. FiY, their Twitter seems to be the best place that they're answering people's questions!
Reply 54
Would love to know if our applications now just go completely out the window and start from new? As in the photo we provided, counter signatures etc. Would be good if they could send back the application form you sent off and your returning ID'S too
Original post by Nads420
Would love to know if our applications now just go completely out the window and start from new? As in the photo we provided, counter signatures etc. Would be good if they could send back the application form you sent off and your returning ID'S too

Well said , worried about our id's because no body yet received

I think we have to start it from new as they have already refunded the fee
Yes same , We are all waiting for our id's now as they are no longer issuing licences but who told you for the id's you havd to wait for 3 weeks?

Well said , worried about our id's because no body yet received

I think we have to start it from new as they have already refunded the fee

Original post by Nads420
Interested to know too. Haven't seen any info posted by DVLA, nor have been able to contact them. FiY, their Twitter seems to be the best place that they're answering people's questions!

Original post by Nads420

Hi guys,

0300 790 6801

As this message from DVAL. They said " If you don’t receive your ID within 3 weeks of you receiving your driving licence please call our contact"
Which mean it usually take 3 weeks to send ID. In our case no one get the licence and we got refund instead of it. So, we have to wait for max. 3 weeks between receiving the refund and IDs. This is what I mean :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
As this message from DVAL. They said " If you don’t receive your ID within 3 weeks of you receiving your driving licence please call our contact"
Which mean it usually take 3 weeks to send ID. In our case no one get the licence and we got refund instead of it. So, we have to wait for max. 3 weeks between receiving the refund and IDs. This is what I mean :smile:

Ok, but usually they return id's after two three days , but in this time no one knows what they are doing because the dvla account department just refunded the fee checking online status but the department handles the post is different and what I assume no body even touched our posts yet because of less staff and Corona Virus
Lets hope to get them back soon
Reply 58
Ok, but usually they return id's after two three days , but in this time no one knows what they are doing because the dvla account department just refunded the fee checking online status but the department handles the post is different and what I assume no body even touched our posts yet because of less staff and Corona Virus
Lets hope to get them back soon

Also... should we not receive our Id's within 3 weeks they suggest calling them.. But you can't get through and get cut off each time? I'd love for them to send back my application form already completed, or the £6 for the photo and price of Co-Sign😆
Hello,

Any update guys about IDs ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending