Leeds Trinity University
Leeds Trinity University
Leeds
Visit website

thoughts on leeds trinity uni and primary education with qts 2019

whats the uni like and this course??
Original post by itsscynn_x

My sister went to Leeds Trinity university doing the primary education course. I can safely say she did not enjoy the experience, she told me the course was repetitive and the teaching was bellow standard, not worth £9,250 by any accounts. The University is also incredibly small and is made up of a lot of mature students, as a result my sister found it difficult to make friends with people. Further to this the university offers little to no support to students who may be finding it difficult to fit in.

If you're wanting to do primary education I'd suggest you look at Universities such as Sheffield Hallam, Derby, Cumbria, Bishop Grosseteste and Durham (if you have the grades) are all much better bets for primary education.

She has since dropped out and is re-applying for 2019 entry at another university.
Leeds Trinity University
Leeds Trinity University
Leeds
Visit website
Original post by itsscynn_x

Hey @itsscynn_x

Let me know if you want any information about the primary ed course at Hallam.

Bridget
Any info on bishop grot got conditional offer to start this year. Thanks
Reply 4
hi i havent got experience at bishop but im looking to apply there however the down side for me is the travelling. i have children and will have to commute but need to sort something out so it fits wirh us all... i would like to hear reviews though x good luck with whichever one u go for xxx
I'm travelling too from Leicester, I too have children but luckily hubby is doing the school run on a Thursday when class is. It's going take me.over 2 hours each way to drive though, am just happy it's 1 day a week
Reply 6
im from peterborough... and i think the pgce and qts together is 6 weeks to start with and then they give u a placement local to u... and then its bout 3 weeks within the year period... i think il find it difficult for 6 weeks then il b bit better xxx
Ahhh I'm doing the ba top up which is just 1 day a week the rest I am in my own workplace
Reply 8
how does that work ... do u get a qts and pgce for that
https://www.bishopg.ac.uk/course/primteachqts/
15 month course with just qts no.pgce which I want.
Hi, I'm currently at Bishop Grosseteste on the primary education course, and I can safely say it's an amazing course for teaching. We have students with children and they seem to manage extremely well, with extra support available from the university if needed.
Reply 11
thank u so much, i think i am going to go for the university route and i think it will b through bishop as i have heard good reviews on bishop g. so far xxxx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending