The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 1
very loud and very busy.

Walking up fleet street i cant hear myself think, lol. lots of traffic, lots of people. If quiet is your thing then the strand is definetly not for you.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
It is busy - I come from Glasgow so I am used to lots of noise, so maybe I don't notice it any more. However, I did have a tutorial in the law school in a room that looks out on to the Strand and it was well sound-proofed, we couldn't hear anything re. the traffic or people going past.

The best bet on deciding whether you would like it or not is to visit and have a look around the campus on an Open Day or similar.
It's not noisy once you're inside the building, and also it's not busy if you enter from the back rather than the front! But it is generally in a bustling area that can be quite daunting if you dont like that kind of thing. I usually just listen to music when i'm walking in from the strand and dont notice what's going on around me!
Reply 4
buzz
Hi
Is Kings (particularly Strand campus) always bustling with noise, seeing as its in central london? Are there main roads everywhere, or is it more on the quiet side of london? at the moment, im not sure if I want to go to warwick or KCL, and i want to see the type of atmosphere. Warwick is quite quiet, which I like so im not too sure.
Thanks

The area around the Strand campus is one of the busiest areas in London. Beware that in the 5 minute walk from the Strand to Maughdan Library on Chancery Lane, you walk through the legal heart of England - so obviously its bustling. For me, and fellow law students alike, its a walk to savour. However, if you're not an urbanite, you'll hate it.

Latest