The Student Room Group

Does it put you off if a guy is shy/quiet

Say he is quiet and shy and has a lack off self confidence does it also make him seem less of a man

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Say he is quiet and shy and has a lack off self confidence does it also make him seem less of a man

Not really. Similar a loud and obnoxious woman wont be seen as less of a woman. People have different personalities.
Reply 2
absolutely not I am a shy and quiet girl and honestly I prefer guys who are like me and more introverted, could build self confidence together yk? It's great to have some confidence in yourself but personally it wouldn't put me off at all because I relate a lot to that

it doesn't. i don't mind shy guys, but sometimes it can make the talking stages hard.
Reply 4
It doesn't, we don't care if he's shy or loud. His looks is what matters
Reply 5
It doesn't, we don't care if he's shy or loud. His looks is what matters

that's bs not all girls are as shallow as you
Reply 6
that's bs not all girls are as shallow as you

I'm a guy and don't think she's being shallow. The first thing you look at at a person is their looks.
Reply 7
I'm a guy and don't think she's being shallow. The first thing you look at at a person is their looks.

sure it is the first thing you notice, but it absolutely isn't what "matters"
Reply 8
sure it is the first thing you notice, but it absolutely isn't what "matters"

So you don't care what a girl looks like ?
Reply 9
So you don't care what a girl looks like ?

I'm a girl, and no idc what a guy looks like. There's no doubt that looks have an impact but it is not even close to being the deciding factor like the comment seemed to suggest
I'm a girl, and no idc what a guy looks like. There's no doubt that looks have an impact but it is not even close to being the deciding factor like the comment seemed to suggest

I disagree. If you aren't attracted to someone you're not going to approach them.
I disagree. If you aren't attracted to someone you're not going to approach them.

I understand that but personally I wouldn't approach someone for the purpose of dating them unless I know them a little first, like from speaking to them previously. The most important thing to me to begin with is that we have similar attitudes and can share humour
I understand that but personally I wouldn't approach someone for the purpose of dating them unless I know them a little first, like from speaking to them previously. The most important thing to me to begin with is that we have similar attitudes and can share humour

If you have similar attitudes and can share humour, but you aren't attracted to them, then what ?
If you have similar attitudes and can share humour, but you aren't attracted to them, then what ?

Wdym? I can be attracted to someone even if they're not super generically good looking
Wdym? I can be attracted to someone even if they're not super generically good looking

If you have similar attitudes and can share humour, but you aren't attracted to the looks of the person, would you still date them ?
If you have similar attitudes and can share humour, but you aren't attracted to the looks of the person, would you still date them ?

The thing is that when I spend quality time with someone and found them attractive through our conversations then I do perceive them as more physically attractive than I initially thought at first glance at them. I find that genuine attraction goes beyond looks bc of this. The reason I say looks don't matter is because I find them easy to look past and my perception of good looks can change a lot as I become attracted to someone
The thing is that when I spend quality time with someone and found them attractive through our conversations then I do perceive them as more physically attractive than I initially thought at first glance at them. I find that genuine attraction goes beyond looks bc of this. The reason I say looks don't matter is because I find them easy to look past and my perception of good looks can change a lot as I become attracted to someone

Fair enough, sorry I didn't understand what you meant at first.
I would have said No till you mentioned lack of confidence, so I'll say yes then, as that does kinda make you look less of a whatever.
Fair enough, sorry I didn't understand what you meant at first.

Nah, it's all good. I understand your point of view as well
Quiet/shy? No.
Lack of self confidence? Yes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending