The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

University of Westminster Postgraduate Applications Thread

Hi everyone :h:

Welcome to the Westminster thread for PG students. This thread is for anyone who has applied or thinking of applying for a Master’s course at Westminster. You can use this space to start a chat or discussion. I’m also happy to answer any questions you might have about Westminster in general or living and studying in London.

Good luck with your applications.

Thanks

Kim

Scroll to see replies

Hi. Applied for a Finance and accounting postgrad course at the University of Westminster.

Any ideas on when I will receive the outcome of my application?

Thanks! :smile:
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
Original post by starshine909
Hi. Applied for a Finance and accounting postgrad course at the University of Westminster.

Any ideas on when I will receive the outcome of my application?

Thanks! :smile:

Hi there

Decisions on applications typically take 1-2 weeks if all supporting documents were attached to the application form. If you have been waiting a while then please message me with your name and any UCAS ID number and I will chase this up for you.

Best wishes

Kim
Course Enquiries Team
Hi again :smile: ......
I was told to provide official transcrips but my university does not provide it to third year students, can you assist me with this please?
Also, I would like to change my course to international human resource management, how can I do that?

Thanks,

(Original post by University of Westminster)Hi there

Decisions on applications typically take 1-2 weeks if all supporting documents were attached to the application form. If you have been waiting a while then please message me with your name and any UCAS ID number and I will chase this up for you.

Best wishes

Kim
Course Enquiries Team
Hi there

Just to make it easier for you, if you don't want the Accounting and Finance course any more you can just ask Admissions to swap your course over to International Human Resource Management. This will save you having to re-apply for another course through UCAS Postgraduate. You only need to submit a fresh application if you want both courses.

Best wishes

Kim
Course Enquiries Team
Hi Kim, please how long does it take for a PG application decision to be made
Original post by GoodnessKalu
Hi Kim, please how long does it take for a PG application decision to be made

Hi there

The admissions team should make a decision on PG applications pretty quickly if they have all your supporting documents. Hopefully then you'll receive a decision within 2 weeks of application. There is only a delay if the admissions team are missing some documents from you or if you need to attend an interview.

Best wishes

Kim
Course Enquiries Team
Reply 7
Hi, How many interviews do you need to pass in order to get accepted?
Original post by EvoOba
Hi, How many interviews do you need to pass in order to get accepted?

Hi there

For most PG applications we do not interview students. Decisions are made based on the information you provide on your application form (and portfolio if required).

Best wishes

Kim
Hi am an international student and I am thinking of applying for Economic policy and analysis with a bachelor in Banks, Finances and Accounting would that be sufficient for the entry requirements? Also how long would it take to receive the outcome of my application? Thanks! :smile:
Original post by Arritaber
Hi am an international student and I am thinking of applying for Economic policy and analysis with a bachelor in Banks, Finances and Accounting would that be sufficient for the entry requirements? Also how long would it take to receive the outcome of my application? Thanks! :smile:

HI there

It's great to hear you are considering Westminster as a university to study Economic Policy. Your Bachelor in Banks Finances and Accounting will be suitable and does meet the entry criteria for the course. The admissions team typically take 2-4 weeks to process your application. You will also require an English Language qualification such as IELTS 6.5 overall.

Best wishes

Kim
Course Enquiries Team
Hi Kim
Thank you for the reply. Also do i need to send you a copy of my diploma or is the decision made only based on the university transcript.(bacause the ucas asked only for the transcript)
Best wishes
Hi there

We only need transcripts from you so no need to send a copy of your Diploma.

Best wishes

Kim
Original post by Arritaber
Hi Kim
Thank you for the reply. Also do i need to send you a copy of my diploma or is the decision made only based on the university transcript.(bacause the ucas asked only for the transcript)
Best wishes
Reply 13
Hi,

I have applied for the Construction Project Management course and I wanted to know how long it takes to receive a reply/ decision?
Hi there

It usually takes 2-3 weeks to get a decision back on an application. It could take longer if supporting documents are not provided with the applicaiton form.

Best wishes

Kim
Course Enquiries Team :smile:
Original post by yrs
Hi,

I have applied for the Construction Project Management course and I wanted to know how long it takes to receive a reply/ decision?
Hi. I am thinking of starting the LPC in September at uni of Westminster.. I am an international student and have some questions.

1.How are the finals exam timetables set? I mean are they jammed together or are they spaced?

2. Are the facilities new or in good condition?

3. How much do LPC students have to pay for photocopying?

4. is there a 24hr library?

5. Do you all provide private shared housing that is close the the uni?

6. Are there any opportunities on the course to get to work on real cases?

Any help will be greatly appreciated
Hi there

It's great to hear you'll be studying the LPC at Westminster. Final exams will be spread out over a 3 week exam period in May. All facilities are new and in excellent condition. All students pay the same rate 5p for each sheet of paper. The Law library is a 24 hour library. The accommodation team will provide you with a list of landlords who offer private shared housing. If you wish to apply for student accommodation you'll need to hold an offer of a place on the LPC course and have firmly accepted it. The LPC at Westminster does not offer real-case work experience.

Best wishes

Kim
Course Enquiries Team
Original post by Lawyergirl111
Hi. I am thinking of starting the LPC in September at uni of Westminster.. I am an international student and have some questions.

1.How are the finals exam timetables set? I mean are they jammed together or are they spaced?

Reply 17
Hi Kim,

I have transferred the 4000gbp deposit a month ago and also received an email which said the admission had acknowledged my money. I wonder how long after my deposit I can receive my CAS. I really want to have it early so I can apply for my visa and get everything sorted. TIA
Also what is the pass rate of the LPC program?
Are the the examinations including the electives open book ?

Original post by Lawyergirl111

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending