Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

University of Westminster Postgraduate Applications Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aleksveneva97
Hi Kim,

I have received an unconditional offer from University of Westminster.

Course: Investment and Risk Finance MSc - Full time - intake Sep 2020 - tuition fee 14,500 GBP

I'm an EU student and been told I classify as a home student in regards of fees. (I have pre-settled status if relevant)

My question is do I need to pay a deposit if I accept the offer? If yes, how much and when?

Also if paying my tuition fees in installments will they be 3 (33%, 33% ad 34% respectively) or 2 (50% each)? I will be applying for government loan as well, but as far as I understood that doesn't have anything to do with installments on the outstanding amount not covered by the loan.

So in general what I'm trying to find out is when and how much I'll need to pay should I accept my offer by end of Dec.

Many thanks,

Aleksandra

Hi Aleksandra

You don't pay a deposit if you're classed as a home student. Deposits are only paid by international students who require a TIER 4 student visa.

If your student finance application is approved and the university has confirmed your registration, you will be required to pay 33% of your tuition fees by enrolment in September. The remaining fees are paid in 33% and 34% respectively. If your student finance application is not approved you will be required to pay 50% of your tuition fees at enrolment until your student finance application is approved and tuition fee payments can be made in line with your postgraduate loan.

UK /EU Postgraduate and PhD Funded through Student Loan Company PG/PhD loans* or who are self-funded

SEPTEMBER STARTERS 33% 33% 34% - 30 SEPTEMBER 31 JANUARY 30 APRIL

Admissions teams will always set deadline dates for accepting offers. This is for monitoring purposes and so course tutors know how many people have accepted places on their courses. It is also needed for International applicants.

Best wishes

Kim
Course Enquiries Team
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
Original post by University of Westminster
Hi Aleksandra

You don't pay a deposit if you're classed as a home student. Deposits are only paid by international students who require a TIER 4 student visa.

If your student finance application is approved and the university has confirmed your registration, you will be required to pay 33% of your tuition fees by enrolment in September. The remaining fees are paid in 33% and 34% respectively. If your student finance application is not approved you will be required to pay 50% of your tuition fees at enrolment until your student finance application is approved and tuition fee payments can be made in line with your postgraduate loan.

UK /EU Postgraduate and PhD Funded through Student Loan Company PG/PhD loans* or who are self-funded

SEPTEMBER STARTERS 33% 33% 34% - 30 SEPTEMBER 31 JANUARY 30 APRIL

Admissions teams will always set deadline dates for accepting offers. This is for monitoring purposes and so course tutors know how many people have accepted places on their courses. It is also needed for International applicants.

Best wishes

Kim
Course Enquiries Team

Thanks for the reply!
Hi,I'm considering applying to UoW, I'm currently studying a master degree in France (I'm an international student) and I will be done with it when I will apply to Westminster therefore I was wondering if I had to send my transcript from my undergraduate or if sending my transcript from my master and my undergraduate diploma was sufficient ?
Original post by Ken thev
Hi,I'm considering applying to UoW, I'm currently studying a master degree in France (I'm an international student) and I will be done with it when I will apply to Westminster therefore I was wondering if I had to send my transcript from my undergraduate or if sending my transcript from my master and my undergraduate diploma was sufficient ?

Hi Ken

Yes can you send a copy of your UG transcript as well as any transcript you have from your Masters.

Many thanks

Kim
Course Enquiries Team
Hi Ken

Yes can you send a copy of your UG transcript as well as any transcript you have from your Masters.

Many thanks

Kim
Course Enquiries Team

Thank you for your answer.

I was also wondering when the application portal will open for students wiling to apply for January 2021 ? And how long does it takes to get an answer about the acceptance, if I remember correctly it should take about a month ?
Original post by Ken thev
Thank you for your answer.

I was also wondering when the application portal will open for students wiling to apply for January 2021 ? And how long does it takes to get an answer about the acceptance, if I remember correctly it should take about a month ?

Hi there

The application portal will open on 1 April 2020. Yes it typically takes 2-4 weeks to hear back.

Best wishes

Kim
Course Enquiries Team
Hi there

The application portal will open on 1 April 2020. Yes it typically takes 2-4 weeks to hear thank ack.

Best wishes

Kim
Course Enquiries Team

thank you for your answer.

best regards.
Reply 47
If anyone is still looking for accommodation near UoW, I'm looking for someone to take over my contract for the next academic year.

It's for a one bedroom ensuite room in a shared flat at Unite Students. It's £205pw which is reasonable considering the contract includes bills, wifi, common room, study room, laundry facilities etc.

The accommodation is in Tottenham hale, north London and is a 2 min walk away from the underground station. Only takes 15 minutes to get to zone 1.

Message me if interested!
Hi! I'm applying for a PhD in Linguistics. I have a BA degree in Translation and a MA degree in English language teaching. Do I need to take any English language tests, for example IELTS?
Will there be any other scholarships annouced for January 2021, other than international part fee scholarship?
Original post by perfectstorm
Hi! I'm applying for a PhD in Linguistics. I have a BA degree in Translation and a MA degree in English language teaching. Do I need to take any English language tests, for example IELTS?

Hi there

The admissions team will assess your application and advise on whether an IELTS is needed. It sounds like you may be able to have your IELTS waived as you have an English Language degree in teaching but I wouldn't want to confirm that here until we see your application.

Best wishes

Kim
Course Enquiries Team
Original post by Anonymous
Will there be any other scholarships annouced for January 2021, other than international part fee scholarship?

Hi

There won't be any additional scholarships for January 2021. The part fee is the only scholarship available at this time.

Best wishes

Kim
Course Enquiries Team
Hey.

I am hoping to apply for Business Intelligence and Analytics MSc for the September 2021 intake. I noticed the requirements are a bachelors degree with a background in a scientific or engineering discipline.

I have a second-class bachelors degree in Banking and Finance and a distinction MSc in Global Finance where I studied statistics and quantitative methods.

Do you reckon I meet the entry requirements?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by omarahmedfazal
Hey.

I am hoping to apply for Business Intelligence and Analytics MSc for the September 2021 intake. I noticed the requirements are a bachelors degree with a background in a scientific or engineering discipline.

I have a first-class bachelors degree in Banking and Finance and a distinction MSc in Global Finance where I studied statistics and quantitative methods.

Do you reckon I meet the entry requirements?

Hi,

It's great to hear that you are planning to apply for the Business Intelligence and Analytics MSc course at the University of Westminster.
Based on the qualifications that you hold I would strongly advise you to go ahead and make an application. The qualifications do state that they are looking for a scientific or engineering background but we would also welcome an undergraduate degree in Finance. It would be important to include your experience of statistics and quantitative methods in your application.

Best wishes,

James
Course Enquiries Team
Original post by james_drew
Hi,

It's great to hear that you are planning to apply for the Business Intelligence and Analytics MSc course at the University of Westminster.
Based on the qualifications that you hold I would strongly advise you to go ahead and make an application. The qualifications do state that they are looking for a scientific or engineering background but we would also welcome an undergraduate degree in Finance. It would be important to include your experience of statistics and quantitative methods in your application.

Best wishes,

James
Course Enquiries Team

That's great to hear James! Cheers.
Original post by omarahmedfazal
That's great to hear James! Cheers.

Good luck with your application!

James
Course Enquiries Team
Original post by Uni of Westminster
Hi everyone :h:

Welcome to the Westminster thread for PG students. This thread is for anyone who has applied or thinking of applying for a Master’s course at Westminster. You can use this space to start a chat or discussion. I’m also happy to answer any questions you might have about Westminster in general or living and studying in London.

Good luck with your applications.

Thanks

Kim

Hello! I am interested in Msc Finance / Real Estate. What are graduate opportunities if I want to stay in UK.
Hi, I am hoping to apply for Business Intelligence and Analytics Msc in Sept 2022 intake. Entry requirements mentioned bachelor degree with scientific or engineering discipline.I have first class degree in Business Administration from Indian University. I also have 85% grade in English language from CBSE.

Do I meet the requirement? And do I have to give IELTS to clear English language requirement?
(edited 2 years ago)
Hi there,I have applied for M.SC in BI and analytics . It has been 4 weeks. I did not hear any outcome. I have submitted also my ILETs score. How long will the university take to decide? I have received offers from a couple of universities within two weeks. As Westminster is on the top of my preference, I am just wondering. Shall I wait or take admission to another university? I need sufficient time for a Visa application too. Please advise.
Hello, I am considering applying to the Cultural and Critical Studies MA starting in January.How can I find out what the usual full-time timetable is? I would like to confirm whether or not I will be able to keep a part-time job.Many thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending