The Student Room Group

Girl moving to all boys sixth form

I’m in year 11 and want to go to an all boys grammar school there is 1:4 girls to boys there and 150 students, Apparently it’s amazing and the students there are motivated for a levels.
I go to an all girls school at the moment but I’m just unsure if it’s a good idea, and I’m just nervous if about the sudden change.
Any advice would be great.
Reply 1
Just do it, don't hesitate
Just a bit nervous about what the boys will be like ngl
Reply 3
Don't worry we don't bite
Original post by FreestyleXDL
I’m in year 11 and want to go to an all boys grammar school there is 1:4 girls to boys there and 150 students, Apparently it’s amazing and the students there are motivated for a levels.
I go to an all girls school at the moment but I’m just unsure if it’s a good idea, and I’m just nervous if about the sudden change.
Any advice would be great.

Which school? My sister was in the same situation as you, if you are a diligent worker and will not get distracted, go for it. If you are very social and go to people's houses regularly don't, you have to work hard from the start, so make sure you don't spend that much time making more friends, stick with the ones you've got an dperhaps make a couple more
I go to a grammar school, boys there are pretty civilised and kind compared to others aka they won't tease the **** out of you
How is this an "all boys" Grammar school, if there are girls attending?
From year 7 to 11 all boys then sixth form about 30 girls
How did your sister find it?
Very enjoyable, but she got 10 a stars and an a in gcse, and managed to get abb in a level, she still got into medicine, but this was swotting last six months, she didn't do a lot in fist year and it affected her
However the experience with friends and making some was 10 10
Well done to her! I’m eager to take medicine too was moving to another school the reason she concentrated less
That’s really good I was just nervous that it would be weird making friends when most are boys but I’m very confident I’m not really shy so that’s good
You will be fine then especially in a grammar
Original post by Frizzle16523
Hi, I’m also considering moving to an all boys school with mixed sixth form from an all girls. The all boys is better for A levels but I’m just wondering whether it’s still worth moving and trying to settle down in a completely different environment. Has anyone recently had any experience of moving from all girls to all boys?

This thread is 4 years old. Rather than bumping up old posts, make a new thread.

Quick Reply

Latest