The Student Room Group

Is it bad to apply only to aspirational unis??!

I applied to my 5 unis, lowest being entry requirement being BBB I have received only conditional offers from my 4 out of 5 unis but i'm not sure how likely I am to get it, if i get ABC will a BBB uni accept me, and what happens if i don't get the grades i need Thank
Original post by yaco3
I applied to my 5 unis, lowest being entry requirement being BBB I have received only conditional offers from my 4 out of 5 unis but i'm not sure how likely I am to get it, if i get ABC will a BBB uni accept me, and what happens if i don't get the grades i need Thank

Officially no as you havent met the entry standard unless your university has made an offer based on ucas points. However in practice most universities accept 1 or 2 dropped grades on results day so in practice I suspect you will be accepted although no one can guarantee that
As above.

And to answer your question about what happens if you don't get the grades you need, you will automatically be eligible for Clearing if your Firm and Insurance choices both reject you which means that you can apply to any of the other Unis that are advertising vacancies at Results time. There will be many vacancies at lots of different Unis, as even Russell Group Unis advertise course vacancies in Clearing, for lots of different subjects.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending