The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
LUBEY
what do people think about studying law at corpus chrisi?

a very worthy enterprise
Reply 21
corpus is beeeeaaaaauuutiful. in town, but nice and secluded, so the tourists don't usually find it like they find kings and trinity

visesh- yes kings IS bad. i walk through it 5 times a week, at least twice a day. grrrr. doesn't help that they put a red post box outside the entrance, so foreign tourists stand there with cameras blocking my way in

but dont let that put u off :smile: just dont venture out of doors at the weekend
Reply 22
visesh
Is King's really THAT bad?
:frown:

No, it's not, u honestly get used to it... if you've chosen king's then u must be amazing in the first place :-) the tourists aren't allowed right into some bits of the college... and besides, isn't it cool to be a celebrity in the far east?!
LUBEY

Not a lot... Or we'd all be doing it, I'd assume..! :rolleyes:
Reply 24
priya
king's is annoying me already. i walk through it every day to get to lectures, and the amount of times i have to stop to let people take pictures by a lamp post/dodge people grinning inanely by the red pillarbox is getting very irritating.

You should see it in the summer :tongue:.

"Where's the university?"
"Can you take my/our picture?"
"Where do students eat?"

Then the Kings guardian people get a lot bitchier about checking uni cards too, which slows you down even more. It ends up taking just as long to walk around senate house passage. Grr.

priya

trinity aparantly has amazing hall food as well

I've never been to their normal hall, but their formal wasn't anything special, it was decent but average. You'd get just as good at Clare/Queens/Downing (but they serve some random stuff) or Jesus.

A.
Reply 25
LUBEY

Foolfarian, who was from corpus, seemed to think it was good for law.

Corpus is mini, but the bar and jcr had a good atmosphere when I was in there last year (they're being refurb'ed at the moment though).
Reply 26
Rathika
No, it's not, u honestly get used to it... if you've chosen king's then u must be amazing in the first place :-) the tourists aren't allowed right into some bits of the college... and besides, isn't it cool to be a celebrity in the far east?!

Lol glad to hear that:smile:. I am just on my Gap Year at the moment, and start there next year:smile:.
Reply 27
Alaric

I've never been to their normal hall, but their formal wasn't anything special, it was decent but average. You'd get just as good at Clare/Queens/Downing (but they serve some random stuff) or Jesus.

A.

i've heard their formal isn't special yeah, a fellow sidneyite was a guest there the other night, she said the sidney formal was much better
Reply 28
priya
i've heard their formal isn't special yeah, a fellow sidneyite was a guest there the other night, she said the sidney formal was much better

Ah that's true, I've heard from a couple of people in the trampolining club that Sidney has a good formal, but haven't been there yet.

Alaric.

Latest

Trending

Trending