The Student Room Group

Will Liverpool win the leagus

Dya think Liverpool will win the league
Ye defo they just need to keep winning I think if they lose three more games I thing man city will take the title
I hope Manchester United make it to the champions league 🤞🤞
True are doing better now that that bell end has left
Hahaha true that and haven’t lost a match since (touch wood)
Original post by Besty710
Dya think Liverpool will win the league

Better to let Liverpool win and not Manchester.
Reply 6
Okay I’m a Liverpool fan and I don’t understand why literally nobody wants us to win the league. Fair enough City and Tottenham as they want it themselves. I understand Everton and United too, as rivals, but what about everyone else? Would they rather just have City dominating English football than an actual title race?
I know an Arsenal fan who posts on snapchat every match day “anyone but Liverpool” and idk why. Anyone care to explain or is it just random?
Original post by Lucy-01
Okay I’m a Liverpool fan and I don’t understand why literally nobody wants us to win the league. Fair enough City and Tottenham as they want it themselves. I understand Everton and United too, as rivals, but what about everyone else? Would they rather just have City dominating English football than an actual title race?
I know an Arsenal fan who posts on snapchat every match day “anyone but Liverpool” and idk why. Anyone care to explain or is it just random?

Man City have the money so they will win titles or be there abouts most seasons for the forseeable future. It is easy to shrug your shoulders and say they have Arab oil money and financially doped so no surprise if they win the league. They also don't have a huge fan base so it's pretty neutral and less gloating from their fans that you see.

Liverpool have a big fan base. If we win the league, no doubt the Liverpool fans will be loud and unbearable. Why wouldn't they be with a first league title in 30 years?
The other factor is it would show the failings of a lot of other clubs. Man Utd and Chelsea have stronger financals than Liverpool and Spurs/Arsenal are similar to Liverpool. They all deal in a similar market of players. Basically would mean Liverpool have done a better job. Also Liverpool winning the title would potentially help them to continue improving. That puts their own clubs in a worse position.

If you exclude the top 5 clubs + Everton, I have no idea why fans of the other clubs would care tbh..

Quick Reply

Latest