The Student Room Group
Reply 1
DXGSP, the IELTS result should not be added to your UCAS application. You have to send the results directly to the universities you want to apply to and not through UCAS.
i put mine in, you are supposed to put all your qualifications in.

on yyour UCAS application online, where you add all your other exam qualifications, theree shold be one for IELTS under the category "I".
Reply 3
Hmmmm...then i guess you put it in.
Put everything down.

It's been a while, but I think it's in the list with all the other than GCSE qualifications (same list as IGCSE I think). Or perhaps under the English Proficiency...
Reply 5
yep..

I found IELTS under category 'I".

but i wana konw, what is the institution name that i should put? becasue, u cant just put a Qualification without adding an institution where u study it. I want to know, what is should I put for IELTS? British Council, or Cambridge ESOL?:confused:

I have attached a Print Screen for you to get a good Idea of what Im talking here.

Please help me guys.

UCAS Application.jpg
Reply 6
When I was submitting my IELTS results it only asked

Qualification type
Date taken
Subject
Grade
Module details

so i guess we're not going the right way here. The page you showed us seems to be talking about something like secondary education, correct me if i'm wrong whereas IELTS window will require different things.

Hope this was at least of a little help.
Reply 7
yes. it does ask the same questions like u said. but before that i have to enter a place where i took that exam. without adding that, i cant enter IELTS. take a look at this picture.

Education page.jpg

there you will see I have added British Council.. by clicking on "new School/college" and then IELTS. it this correct?

I don't see any other way.

And "obsession" I think you are right. This looks like I have filled a secondary education something..

and here here is the IELTS window which comes after you enter a place where you took the exam.

IELTS page.jpg

what Im not sure is the name of the place.
Reply 8
DXGSP
yes. it does ask the same questions like u said. but before that i have to enter a place where i took that exam. without adding that, i cant enter IELTS. take a look at this picture.

not that (IELTS) exam, you need to enter all the details of your secondary education, and the system does not require you to enter the examining body for IELTS. Not sure if i sound clear, but what i mean is firstly you enter all the schools you've attended and the grades achieved. Save it. THEN you go back to the alphabet list and pick a new qualification, in this case being IELTS, put down what you're asked for and voila:smile:

DXGSP
there you will see I have added British Council.. by clicking on "new School/college" and then IELTS. it this correct?

This window is not about IELTS. I know it might now seem different to you, but i'm just saying the way i did my form. It did not ask me to submit anything about the institution regarding IELTS.

DXGSP
I don't see any other way.

What i'm suggesting to do is complete both these sections separately as you seem to be shoving them in the same place.

DXGSP
And "obsession" I think you are right. This looks like I have filled a secondary education something..

DXGSP
and here here is the IELTS window which comes after you enter a place where you took the exam...

In my experience you don't need to enter the place where you took the exam. At least system did not require this when i was filling in my form.

DXGSP
what Im not sure is the name of the place.

Hope this helps, and if not afterall text me:smile:

Best of luck:wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending