The Student Room Group

Okay, fine, I pinky promise this time! DTL gets rid of the podge

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DrawTheLine
Thanks! Am feeling better, just don't have my appetite back yet.

First time I've noticed a little less podge too so I'm pleased :smile:

No worries :smile: hope it comes back soon
:woo: well done :party:
It's good you're healthy. :yes:
its great to hear your appetite is back :h: :woo: keep it up
You're doing so well!
I bought some Ben and Jerry's ice cream yesterday, and today would have been the perfect day to have some. I came back from town and it was really warm and sunny, perfect ice cream weather. But I resisted because if I have some today, that means again on Sunday I won't have a treat. Am proud of myself:smile:
I bought some Ben and Jerry's ice cream yesterday, and today would have been the perfect day to have some. I came back from town and it was really warm and sunny, perfect ice cream weather. But I resisted because if I have some today, that means again on Sunday I won't have a treat. Am proud of myself:smile:

Well done on the self control :woo: keep it up
Progress is not linear. :no:
Original post by Obolinda
Progress is not linear. :no:

Agreed, which is why I'm not super upset about it. And I can see where I kind of went backwards. Yeah I wasn't snacking on unhealthy stuff but I was still consuming more than I really needed. I think I just need to get used to the fact that I won't always faint just because I'm hungry, and if I get hungry at 4pm, I can manage without a snack or something until dinner at 6pm. I'll get there eventually :smile:
Saw the title of the thread initially, and got super confused. Thought that a podge was some sort of creature you were trying to get out of your house or something :P

Seriously though, it's great to see how much you're committing to this, and I wish you the best of luck in doing so! ^^
Agreed, which is why I'm not super upset about it. And I can see where I kind of went backwards. Yeah I wasn't snacking on unhealthy stuff but I was still consuming more than I really needed. I think I just need to get used to the fact that I won't always faint just because I'm hungry, and if I get hungry at 4pm, I can manage without a snack or something until dinner at 6pm. I'll get there eventually :smile:

If you are hungry it means you need food. You can replace the junky snack with a portion of fruit or a veggie. Being hungry can be equally unhealthy to eating more than you need, it may even make you eat more than you really need.
Original post by KJEKJE Says Hi
Saw the title of the thread initially, and got super confused. Thought that a podge was some sort of creature you were trying to get out of your house or something :P

Seriously though, it's great to see how much you're committing to this, and I wish you the best of luck in doing so! ^^

Thanks so much!
Original post by Kathy89
If you are hungry it means you need food. You can replace the junky snack with a portion of fruit or a veggie. Being hungry can be equally unhealthy to eating more than you need, it may even make you eat more than you really need.

That makes sense. I tend to just be peckish between meals, not like stomach growling hunger. But I have been snacking on nuts or fruit instead which is huge progress!
why u telling us for. i go to gym alot too but i wouldnt broadcast the chit i do to the world
Original post by brian.griffin
why u telling us for. i go to gym alot too but i wouldnt broadcast the chit i do to the world

It's for me, not anyone else. You don't have to read it if you don't want to! Also, I don't go to the gym.
I work out by cycling to work, I've recently charted out a route from my parents' house to my workplace and it only takes me 1 hour 30 on average
Even if you didn't work out this week, it seems that your metabolism is building.

Of course, the exercise definitely helps with burning the podge faster, but as long as you're moving about a lot day to day, you're still going to be naturally burning some calories, which is a bonus. :biggrin:
Original post by KJEKJE Says Hi
Even if you didn't work out this week, it seems that your metabolism is building.

Of course, the exercise definitely helps with burning the podge faster, but as long as you're moving about a lot day to day, you're still going to be naturally burning some calories, which is a bonus. :biggrin:

Oh cool I didn't even think about my metabolism. That's awesome!

Yea I want to count it as a successful day if I've done some kind of activity, even if it's not a workout. Because clearly it's working!
Yep I've been trying to remember to have a few gulps of water when I feel a bit peckish instead of reaching for a snack. Sometimes I am successful, other times I give in. I've got a bottle with times on to remind me to keep drinking. Sometimes I stick to it others I don't! Trying to get in the habit is the hard bit, but once you're in it, it'll be fine

Quick Reply

Latest