The Student Room Group

How long for Tesco right to work check?

Hello all
I applied for the Tesco customer assistant role on the 17th April and I passed the initial assessment stage. The next day (18th April) I was told that before I could be interviewed, I must prove my right to work by uploading my UK passport. I pressed the link and signed into my Tesco careers account and uploaded my passport via a third party website. They’ve stated it’s been completed and that I’ll hear back from Tesco.
How long on average until I hear back? Also, when they say that I must prove my right to work before I can be interviewed, does that mean that I will be given a interview as soon as they’ve successfully confirmed my right to work in the UK?
I appreciate any comments/opinions
Thanks all
Kieran

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kieranw99
Hello all
I applied for the Tesco customer assistant role on the 17th April and I passed the initial assessment stage. The next day (18th April) I was told that before I could be interviewed, I must prove my right to work by uploading my UK passport. I pressed the link and signed into my Tesco careers account and uploaded my passport via a third party website. They’ve stated it’s been completed and that I’ll hear back from Tesco.
How long on average until I hear back? Also, when they say that I must prove my right to work before I can be interviewed, does that mean that I will be given a interview as soon as they’ve successfully confirmed my right to work in the UK?
I appreciate any comments/opinions
Thanks all
Kieran

Could take between a week and a month approximately to come back..... Depending on how quickly they receive the information back.

As you only just applied for the role with Tesco on Sunday and on Monday you was asked to provide evidence that you are allowed to work in Britain then obviously now you'll have to wait until they get back in touch with you.

No it doesn't mean you'll get a interview as soon as they get clearance about your rights to work in Britain come back, although you passed the online assessment you can still be rejected for a interview but rare this happens so hopefully you'll be given a opportunity of having a interview with Tesco okay and good luck with it if you do.

A t/leader and stand in supervisor with Tesco as required.
Reply 2
Hi hope you are well. I have submitted my right to work, but on the dashboard it is saying that I haven't done it yet. Do you know why this could be. As I have submitted it about 6 times now, and there has still been no change in the dashboard
Reply 3
hi i did a right to work check and came back within 2 hours wonfering that seem odd at all
Reply 4
Original post by dazman79
hi i did a right to work check and came back within 2 hours wonfering that seem odd at all

Hi

Don't worry about it as long as it was all cleared when you got it back.
If it came back clear for you then everything is fine okay.

Just await your start date if you don't have it yet.
Enjoy your time with Tesco.
Reply 5
Hi tarcy i had tesco interview today for a tesco extra well i am miffed in and out 5 min the manager looked at cv ext asked few questions said he had 250 applicatins but he let me know monday for 1 hour work trail seem odd
Reply 6
Hi tarcy i had tesco interview today for a tesco extra well i am miffed in and out 5 min the manager looked at cv ext asked few questions said he had 250 applicatins but he let me know monday for 1 hour work trail seem odd

Interview to quick ☺️☺️ usually you have about half hour. Seems straight how the manager does things....

Did you get a call to attend the work trail on Monday.
Remember that you can still not get the job after the trail hour - if you get asked to attend it then try to impress them best you can. It's not hard to put things on shelves or in fridges or freezer depending on what you get asked to do.... Make sure you are supervised during this hour.
Reply 7
he said he have a chat with supervisor and if selected for work trial he call monday like worked in mcdonalds as crew member and pound strecher that still count as experince also got customer service level 7 dipoloma so iam defo quilified ect ya think?
Reply 8
he said he have a chat with supervisor and if selected for work trial he call monday like worked in mcdonalds as crew member and pound strecher that still count as experince also got customer service level 7 dipoloma so iam defo quilified ect ya think?

You definitely have retail experience.
Hopefully you'll get a call.

Just remember that you can still apply for other jobs with them until you know what is happening with current position you are awaiting response to.
Reply 9
ye hopefully so wonder why me picked me for interview from 250 pepole apllied ya think
beause got experince?
Reply 10
well i been rejected i bet he hire soembody no experince sounds about right what ya think tracy
Reply 11
well i been rejected i bet he hire soembody no experince sounds about right what ya think tracy

Not necessary with you being rejected because there's obviously a reason why they did.
You don't need any experience for retailing but as said before it's helpful if you have any. The others candidates may have done better interview or did enough with the trial period.

Ask for a feedback from them to allow you to see what was what with interview etc and perhaps in the meantime keep applying. Sometimes you don't get offered first time around as I know people who took a few attempts to get a offer from Tesco and also other retailers.
Reply 12
i got email from a line manager
I have looked into the vacancy you applied for and the vacancy was withdrawn. There is a vacancy now on Tesco careers for our Dotcom department please apply and i will ensure you are invited in for an interview

so what she saying come for an interview well find you a job?
Reply 13
i got email from a line manager
I have looked into the vacancy you applied for and the vacancy was withdrawn. There is a vacancy now on Tesco careers for our Dotcom department please apply and i will ensure you are invited in for an interview

so what she saying come for an interview well find you a job?

Ok thanks
So you received a message from a line manager regarding the position you originally applied for and was told it was withdrawn - ( so reason's why it was withdrawn is generally down to the fact that they filled the position up with required number of staff required. ).
So they now basically telling you about a online shopping position with the dot.com department within the store in which you are to apply for.
Just remember that although you been asked to apply for this one it still doesn't mean you'll be giving a job ( only telling you the facts), just make sure you do yourself proud at the interview. You have it in you to smash the interview and get a job.

Dot.com is a okay position as all you doing is going round the store collecting shopping items and put it in a basket and when completed all your orders you been given take back to warehouse/ storeroom for packing for the delivery drivers.

Take the opposite of the offer as usually you don't normally get told to apply for a job.
Reply 14
update she rang me friday and said coem for interview mondy and doint worry about the dot com not worry about that son confused and brign ya passport
Reply 15
update she rang me friday and said coem for interview mondy and doint worry about the dot com not worry about that son confused and brign ya passport

How did you get on with things.
Reply 16
Hey tracy interview went ok seemed a nice chap they said there look for postions for me and ring me so they saying i got a job or not?
Reply 17
Hey tracy interview went ok seemed a nice chap they said there look for postions for me and ring me so they saying i got a job or not?

Glad everything seems okay with your interview
You'll have to hope that they keep their words to try and find you a position.

Generally sometimes they will offer someone an alternative role to the one they applied for due to that one being filled up.
Reply 18
Original post by Tracey_W
Glad everything seems okay with your interview
You'll have to hope that they keep their words to try and find you a position.

Generally sometimes they will offer someone an alternative role to the one they applied for due to that one being filled up.

so they saying i have job with them?
Reply 19
so they saying i have job with them?

Well I can't say that for certain but hopefully you'll be offered a job after them making promises to you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending