The Student Room Group
Reply 1
i like the book. what do u have to consider abt him ?? like the changes in his character after book 1 ? ch1 is basically abt the beginning of the obsession with isabella, and hes quite reserved in it.
beach_surf_babe
I need some ideas for my AS eng lit essay on the following title:

Consider Stephen Wraysford in the first chapter of birdsong by S F

Its not coursework just an evil thing they've made us do and I don't have any ideas on what to write plus I don't like the book! Kinda makes it difficult!

Any help please!

Birdsong is a beautiful book! It shouldn’t be difficult as it's just a close analysis of the first chapter. Comment on what you learn about Stephen - what's revealed through his actions, speech/dialogue, mention the setting/or any description that adds to the action/his feelings in any way - for example how he copes in social situations (in this case if I remember rightly during dinner with the Azaire's and Berards). Mention any thoughts/mental processes that we see going through Stephens head. As already mentioned Stephen is rather reserved and also very perceptive. It's the first time he sees Isabella and already his fascination with her becomes evident.
waiting2smile
Birdsong is a beautiful book! It shouldn’t be difficult as it's just a close analysis of the first chapter. Comment on what you learn about Stephen - what's revealed through his actions, speech/dialogue, mention the setting/or any description that adds to the action/his feelings in any way - for example how he copes in social situations (in this case if I remember rightly during dinner with the Azaire's and Berards). Mention any thoughts/mental processes that we see going through Stephens head. As already mentioned Stephen is rather reserved and also very perceptive. It's the first time he sees Isabella and already his fascination with her becomes evident.

Thank for that! That's pretty much what I thought I should write on him. I'm just having trouble getting motivated enough to do it!!
beach_surf_babe
Thank for that! That's pretty much what I thought I should write on him. I'm just having trouble getting motivated enough to do it!!

Once you've started you'll probably become engrossed in it. Make a quick plan, so you know what you're covering in each paragraph and write it! You'll be able to do anything you want, without that essay hanging over your head. Good luck. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending