The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 1
Don't be stupid, you can't get your marks back. Unless your tutor's told you different you're wasting your time. But then it'd be giving you an unfair advantage, so I doubt it's possible. Grading of essays always includes referencing so it's as good as making a mistake in the body of your essay and asking if you could correct those mistakes and hand it back in. Besides, it's exam period, the scholars don't have time to re-mark unless they have to.

Out of interest, how did you reference and what subject is this? What year is this for anyway? If you're first year, just leave it cus it doesn't even count. Just do it correctly next time.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
I've never heard of a uni giving marks back for correcting references...
Reply 3
Unfortunately you can't change an essay once you've got a mark for it. However, if you're unhappy with the mark and believe it's unfair (i.e. you referenced correctly) you could appeal it.

I once got penalised for using footnotes on an essay (I had attempted to get in touch with the tutor to ask about it, and received no reply, as well as there being no advice about it in the style guide) where it was quite crucial to include the info I was putting in them - I then got marks deducted, but went to the head of the department and explained why the use of the referencing was so important to the understanding of the essay (as well as saying I had made attempts to ask whether I could have used them, and obviously if I had been told I wouldn't've) and the deduction was removed.

But yeah, if you just referenced incorrectly and were marked down for it (with no extraneous circumstances), there isn't anything you can do, I think.
emma t
How do i go about getting the marks back, if i make the necessary changes how do i hand it back in

LOL. Only on TSR. :rofl:
Reply 5
you won't get your marks back. you're at uni now, once it's in, it's final.
The only way to get the marks back will be to appeal against the original claim that your referencing was incorrect ... but given that you have made reference to having made the necessary changes, it sounds like your referencing was indeed wrong and there is only one thing you can do with such an unfortunate event - learn from it, and get it right next time!!
emma t
How do i go about getting the marks back, if i make the necessary changes how do i hand it back in

which department is this for? i know with philosophy essays, yes you can regain the 5%

Latest

Trending

Trending