The Student Room Group

Messed up in university exam, grounds for failure?

Hi all,

I had an exam yesterday and I’m really worried that I’ve failed it. It was an elective and the first in-person exam I’ve sat in 3 years, so I was very nervous going into it.

For that reason, I don’t think my brain was working as well as it could have. The first question (worth 50%) was fine, and I think I answered it accurately, if not a bit messy. I’m pretty confident I got 40 percent on that.

But my second question is where I slightly messed up. It was a question regarding Northern European artists, and for one of my examples (which took up about a page of writing) I wrote about an Italian one. Pretty dumb of me, but it didn’t clock until I had left the exam. My main and only other example was accurate, but this means about 1/5 of my essay is totally incorrect. I also referenced the Italian artist in my introduction, so it looks integral to my argument even if it isn’t a huge part of the essay.

I’m really worried this will be read as me not really answering the question and instead answering a question I would want to get. And I fear that might fail me. I just need 40 percent, and it is a first year course so I don’t know if that means they’d be more lenient, but my year abroad is dependent on me passing first time! So super anxious about it.

Do you think a mistake like that could fail me? Could really need insight right now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending