The Student Room Group

Bristol dental hygiene & therapy 2019

Has anyone had or been offered an interview at Bristol university for dental hygiene and therapy 2019?? Thanks 😊
Reply 1
I've got an interview this Wednesday.
How about you?
Reply 2
Ahh I have one tomorrow! Good luck for yours on Wednesday!
Reply 3
Let me know how it goes!
And Good Luck!
Reply 4
How was it?
I wonder if they have sent out the rejections? Or whether your just in a maybe pile for second interviews??
Hi guys. Is anyone firming Bristol??. I’ve had an offer today
Hi! I’m looking to apply for dental hygiene and therapy next year (as i didn’t do too well for my first year due to taking maths and failing) and hoping to get into either cardiff or bristol. I’m currently studying Chemistry, Biology, Art and welsh baccalaureate. As you got an offer, I’m wondering what A levels you took and maybe what you had for gcses? any information would help! :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
Hi there sorry for the late response. I’m classed as a mature student as I’m 22 and my GCSE’s were pretty ok 7 A-C including 2 English’s, maths & additional science. A levels were calm in applied science & photograpy. Wanted to do this nd found out they don’t take applied sciences. Took Dental nursing course in a hospital last year which was really helpful & now doing a access course to top up my biology. Long story short I’ve done a range of things and I think they look at knowledge of dentistry and personality more. Hope this helped
Original post by daniellejones_1
Hi! I’m looking to apply for dental hygiene and therapy next year (as i didn’t do too well for my first year due to taking maths and failing) and hoping to get into either cardiff or bristol. I’m currently studying Chemistry, Biology, Art and welsh baccalaureate. As you got an offer, I’m wondering what A levels you took and maybe what you had for gcses? any information would help! :smile:
hi, does anybody know what a 'supplementary questions form' is? Bristol DHT admissions statement says:

Applications are scored and ranked based on their academic record, according to their
achieved or predicted results with the following weightings:
GCSE 10% | A-Level 40% | Supplementary Questions Form 50%

Applicants who fulfil the academic criteria will be asked to complete an online

Supplementary Questions Form regarding their work-experience to determine their suitability for the course. This will form part of the application assessment (see section 1.1 above) and information from it will also be used as the basis for some questions at interview.
Reply 10
has anyone got an offer for 2020 entry yet? or is your application being held?
I have an interview in January for Bristol
Reply 12
Oh cools! Are u applying straight from Alevels?
Reply 13
hello guys. if you had an interview can you please give me an idea of what is going to be? I am having an interview on Wednesday in bristol. thanks
Reply 14
My application is on hold, do you know what this means?
Original post by krf3008
has anyone got an offer for 2020 entry yet? or is your application being held?

i received an offer for bristol on friday!x
Original post by username4552318
Hi guys. Is anyone firming Bristol??. I’ve had an offer today

Hi how long after your interview did you get an offer? I’ve had an interview on the 3rd of Feb and the suspense is killing me! I only chose 2 as I’ll be studying from home and I’ve not got an interview from my other choice. TIA
Reply 17
Original post by jesshtfrtt
hi, does anybody know what a 'supplementary questions form' is? Bristol DHT admissions statement says:

Applications are scored and ranked based on their academic record, according to their
achieved or predicted results with the following weightings:
GCSE 10% | A-Level 40% | Supplementary Questions Form 50%

Applicants who fulfil the academic criteria will be asked to complete an online

Supplementary Questions Form regarding their work-experience to determine their suitability for the course. This will form part of the application assessment (see section 1.1 above) and information from it will also be used as the basis for some questions at interview.

Hey

Just wondering do you know what kind of questions they ask and if it is timed???

Quick Reply

Latest