The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Deggs_14
Is Uniq only for prospective students of low socio-economic backgrounds? So you can’t apply if you to private school?

yea u cant apply if private
Reply 41
Original post by Deggs_14
Is Uniq only for prospective students of low socio-economic backgrounds? So you can’t apply if you to private school?

You can apply but you are unlikely to be accepted.

http://www.uniq.ox.ac.uk/criteria

"Applications for UNIQ are only open to students currently in their first year of A-Levels (or equivalent) at UK state schools/colleges/sixth forms/academies. We do not accept applications from students at private schools (including students holding scholarship places)."
Got rejected from Econ & Management which was annoying, but it might have something to do with the fact that I literally met 0 of the eligibility criteria (other than attending a state school and having the required GCSEs). I though my "PS" was good, parents checked it etc. but perhaps it just wasn't what they wanted. Guess the Sutton Trust is a write-off for me as well, especially since you had to state what degrees your parents have (and from which universities!) but that's another story :frown:
Original post by eclipseboi
Got rejected from Econ & Management which was annoying, but it might have something to do with the fact that I literally met 0 of the eligibility criteria (other than attending a state school and having the required GCSEs). I though my "PS" was good, parents checked it etc. but perhaps it just wasn't what they wanted. Guess the Sutton Trust is a write-off for me as well, especially since you had to state what degrees your parents have (and from which universities!) but that's another story :frown:

same i got into digital but really wanted to get into E+M :frown:
Don't worry man,there are multiple factors that affect chances of achieving, mostly it's to do with where you live and your grades, however I think you definitely will make a good oxford student. I understand that this post was 3 years ago, so I hope that your life is doing good now man, you are a smart person and deserve the best.

Latest

Trending

Trending