The Student Room Group

UNIQ desicions??

Does anyone know what day we'll get our UNIQ desicions? I'm dying to know now!!
Original post by Anonymous #1
Does anyone know what day we'll get our UNIQ desicions? I'm dying to know now!!
Some people have gotten responses today (both rejections and acceptances)! I'm still waiting though
Original post by lawofducks123
Some people have gotten responses today (both rejections and acceptances)! I'm still waiting though

Yes! I got mine yesterday, I got accepted into English. So excited!
Reply 3
Original post by peachymuffin
Yes! I got mine yesterday, I got accepted into English. So excited!

I got rejected from English haha, what were your gcses?
I got rejected from English haha, what were your gcses?

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that! :frown:( But my GCSEs grades overall were 9-6s and for English Literature it was an 8, and a 7 for Language.
Reply 5
Oh, I'm sorry to hear that! :frown:( But my GCSEs grades overall were 9-6s and for English Literature it was an 8, and a 7 for Language.

Ah it's fine, I basically got straight 9s and a couple of 8s but they just didn't want me 🫠🫠
Ah it's fine, I basically got straight 9s and a couple of 8s but they just didn't want me 🫠🫠

I'm pretty sure it was based on how disadvantaged a person is (eg their area, the school etc), so they are able to get an opportunity at a more prestigious school, not based on their GCSE grades. So don't be downhearted, I'm sure there are still other summer schools you can apply to.
Reply 7
I'm pretty sure it was based on how disadvantaged a person is (eg their area, the school etc), so they are able to get an opportunity at a more prestigious school, not based on their GCSE grades. So don't be downhearted, I'm sure there are still other summer schools you can apply to.

I mean I go to a public sixth form in a really rubbish town🫡 but its fine you win some you loose some :smile:
I mean I go to a public sixth form in a really rubbish town🫡 but its fine you win some you loose some :smile:

Awhh. Maybe you still have a chance to apply to some other summer schools at different universities??
Reply 9
Awhh. Maybe you still have a chance to apply to some other summer schools at different universities??

Yeah I got into one at Cambridge! I've applied to a couple more at Cambridge too, I'm thinking I might apply there :smile:)
Reply 10
Yeah I got into one at Cambridge! I've applied to a couple more at Cambridge too, I'm thinking I might apply there :smile:)
did you have to pay for those, or were any of them free/what kind of cost? (If you don't mind saying)
Original post by Lugg13
did you have to pay for those, or were any of them free/what kind of cost? (If you don't mind saying)

They were all free! I got in based off of my own grades and chances as a prospective student. I've applied for English there for the Sutton Trust summer school too (I don't except much from that though)
Reply 12
They were all free! I got in based off of my own grades and chances as a prospective student. I've applied for English there for the Sutton Trust summer school too (I don't except much from that though)
ah cool. Thank you, and good luck!

Oh that sounds so cool! Good luck! What other Cambridge ones were you thinking of applying to?
Oh that sounds so cool! Good luck! What other Cambridge ones were you thinking of applying to?

Just any that come up, I keep my eye open and stuff, I'm hoping to do lit there
Reply 15
Just any that come up, I keep my eye open and stuff, I'm hoping to do lit there
sorry if all the questions are getting tiring, but where do you find the courses? are you subscribed to an email or something because I'm struggling to find anything. Sorry again for all the questions. And thanks for the helpful info. I wish you good luck with getting in!
Original post by Lugg13
sorry if all the questions are getting tiring, but where do you find the courses? are you subscribed to an email or something because I'm struggling to find anything. Sorry again for all the questions. And thanks for the helpful info. I wish you good luck with getting in!

Yes, I'm subscribed to the Cambridge Student email and they'll send me some emails of events going on ☺️ You can try subscribing to Oxford. I found out about some other events from looking on Tik tok and typing in (let's take law for example) "Law related summer schools" or "law related supper curriculars". I also just mainly searched on Google. It depends on the subject you want to do, but just typing up the same thing on Tik tok into Google can possibly help find stuff. If you're looking for summer schools in particular, just look on the university websites as most universities should do this ☺️ Any more questions lmk!!
Reply 17
Yes, I'm subscribed to the Cambridge Student email and they'll send me some emails of events going on ☺️ You can try subscribing to Oxford. I found out about some other events from looking on Tik tok and typing in (let's take law for example) "Law related summer schools" or "law related supper curriculars". I also just mainly searched on Google. It depends on the subject you want to do, but just typing up the same thing on Tik tok into Google can possibly help find stuff. If you're looking for summer schools in particular, just look on the university websites as most universities should do this ☺️ Any more questions lmk!!
Thank you so much!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending