The Student Room Group
Campus
University of Wales Trinity Saint David

Civil Engineering Course at UWTSD

Hi Folks,
This is not a question, more of a word of warning... I am currently in my third year at the University of Wales Trinity St David (UWTSD).

DO NOT DO THIS COURSE!

Couldn't arrange a piss up in a brewery - This describes the Civil Engineering course here, the reason I say this, is everything is bad about this course. The modules will not help you to actually become a Civil Engineer, there is too many project management modules and not enough Civil/Structural design (or any)!

Honestly, do not do this course at this uni!
Original post by patrick_nolan
Hi Folks,
This is not a question, more of a word of warning... I am currently in my third year at the University of Wales Trinity St David (UWTSD).

DO NOT DO THIS COURSE!

Couldn't arrange a piss up in a brewery - This describes the Civil Engineering course here, the reason I say this, is everything is bad about this course. The modules will not help you to actually become a Civil Engineer, there is too many project management modules and not enough Civil/Structural design (or any)!

Honestly, do not do this course at this uni!

Hey what do you think of the university in general? And what campus did you go? I'm going to start this September at this university
Campus
University of Wales Trinity Saint David
Original post by Diamond355
Hey what do you think of the university in general? And what campus did you go? I'm going to start this September at this university

Hi Diamond,

Personally for me, I studied in the mount pleasant campus to start with and then they moved to the Swansea SA1 campus. I did this course to just graduate and get BSc (Hons) after my name. In general University of Wales Trinity Saint David is a good university. I initially thought I should expect 'dumb' students and no work based on the stereotype of these kind of universities. However, I found intelligent students, high level academics knowledgable in their field and made good friends there.

Whilst the thread starter is not entirely wrong, the university itself is not oxbridge standards of course, that is to be expected and I did think some modules were laughable at times!

I do not regret my time there at all and I hope you that find it equally or more beneficial!

All the best!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending