The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I saw a question one year that you'd need to know stuff from module two. It was to do with resistance, and then drawing a current voltage graph for something ( cant remember but it was one you should know from module 2)
Oh dear. Oh deary me.

*drags the dusty AS notes out*
Reply 3
Dont worry too much about it. Give your notes a quick look over. It may only be a small question, as most will be based on module 5 and some module 4.
Thanks very much, that's what I'm hoping.:smile:

Well, not really actually, as I'm still clueless on the hall probe. :s-smilie: :s-smilie:
Reply 5
Me too!

Revise page 47 of the NAS textbook, very very thoroughly.
I don't think I have that textbook. :frown: I have an old, thick one. Eh. I'll have a look. :smile:
Reply 7
Ooh, okay. Basically have a look at magnetic fields through a solenoid and a a straight wire. Just learn off those experiments.
Good idea!

(I'm terrible at planning experiments - I have no idea what to write. So looking at pre-done ones should give me an idea.)

Many thanks for all your help. :smile:
Reply 9
Kashya
I saw a question one year that you'd need to know stuff from module two. It was to do with resistance, and then drawing a current voltage graph for something ( cant remember but it was one you should know from module 2)

That was a question for the resistance of a lamp right? I think it was June 2007.
Reply 10
studyboy
That was a question for the resistance of a lamp right? I think it was June 2007.

You may be correct. My teacher just gave us out copies of that one question, and not the whole paper so I didnt know what year.
Reply 11
Kashya
You may be correct. My teacher just gave us out copies of that one question, and not the whole paper so I didnt know what year.

I see. Well, all the best for tomorrow's exam!:biggrin:
Reply 12
In my mocks I was given questions on resonance (mainly showin you could measure the period), LDR's (although the bulk of this quesion was showing what you would do with results), capacitor discharge and Hall Probes/flux density (this was planning)
argh i HATE electricity...
but oh well :biggrin:
Btw, does any one have any idea wut this yrs paper will most likely be about?
Reply 15
nah they can't ask u anythin from the synoptic! theres not much to ask really in terms of a practical!
Reply 16
Kashya
Me too!

Revise page 47 of the NAS textbook, very very thoroughly.

Which NAS? Fields, forces and synthesis?
Reply 17
the new cheif examiner likes to throw in occilations and a possible interferance pattern of microwaves might be introduced ?
Reply 18
Sorry guys.

I meant page 40 an 41 of the Nas textbook (Fields, forces and synthesis)
Reply 19
i guess the best advice is to stay calm and use sense -if the physics doesnt work dont try to make it out as if it does :biggrin: always use the simplest methods to do a task and just stay calm, and dont do anything atleats 2 hours before - ul just confuse urself going into the practical

Latest