The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
im sure there was a very similar question...i thnk 2004 or somthin
Reply 41
King of TSR
Hall probe should be at 90 degrees to the magnetic field, no?

I couldnt think of enough points to say for that question - what were each of the marks for :O :frown: :frown:

I'm guessing he means that the probe is moved in a line parallel to the solenoid? Also, shouldn't the probe be in the centre of the solenoid, or is that what you meant?
Reply 42
Can any of you guys tell me what you actually wrote (in detail) for your planning section and how to use a hall probe because I only found out what it was today:eek: ,

thanks in advance:s-smilie:
Reply 43
nermin
about the sensor...it should be placed across the width of the Hall strip....since the power supply should be along the length

Sorry what do you mean by this?
Reply 44
u move the probe parallel to the solenoid making sure that the probe itself is perpendicular to the magnetic field
Reply 45
aww touche torchwood....i dont really remember what i have written and not stressed too much on trying to remeber them. Time to concenterate on PHY 1,2,3.

Tc all. BOL.
Reply 46
nermin
u move the probe parallel to the solenoid making sure that the probe itself is perpendicular to the magnetic field

what does this probe look like?
:party:
Reply 47
a thin rectangular strip with a voltmeter across the width and a power supply along the length. the long face of the strip is to be placed perpendicular to the field....however its not really important to show the voltmeter or power connections to the strip:smile:
Reply 48
hi NERMIN how did you use this most strangest contraption
Reply 49
well nermin i have done exactly as you have written !

Yep this question is similar to one of the 2004 papers...

and the question on waves was a copy/paste job of May 2002.
Reply 51
ssat how did you use and write about hall probe
:frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:
Also, aren't there two different PHYS 5 practicals that Edexcel make - so that schools who have too many pupils doing physics can take it on a different sitting?!? Therefore, I think I did a different paper to you lot?1!
Reply 53
nermin
a thin rectangular strip with a voltmeter across the width and a power supply along the length. the long face of the strip is to be placed perpendicular to the field....however its not really important to show the voltmeter or power connections to the strip:smile:

Ugh, this looks complicated. Don't suppose you'd be kind enough to explain it to us? :wink:
Reply 54
well this is exactly how a hall probe works! how come ure sitting for a unit 5 exam without knowing how it exactly functions?
and yes ive just checked...the planning question was very similar to the one in may 2004...u can check the mark schemes for urself

It is made of a material that produces a voltage across its width once u place it in a magnetic field...so as long as u have indicated that the flat face of the probe is perpendicular to the magnetic fielld ure safe...even if diagrams were crappy
Reply 55
King of TSR
Also, aren't there two different PHYS 5 practicals that Edexcel make - so that schools who have too many pupils doing physics can take it on a different sitting?!? Therefore, I think I did a different paper to you lot?1!

We do ours in two groups - mine is tomorrow, the others were today. Unfortunately there is no way in hell they will be similar :frown:
Reply 56
ni NERMIN, i didnt know whai a hall probe was because my teachers did not tell me
Reply 57
even if the ure group is tomorrow...questions will be very similar, but rather than giving u a solenoid for planning the'll give u a straight wire...they can change the capacitors connections from parallel to series and so on...however generally exams are very similar
Reply 58
so wut about the other questions? and torchwood i thnk u should kick ure teachers ass
Reply 59
Do you guys know where to get the mark scheme for Jan 2004? The mark schemes on the link that was posted previously don't work

Latest