The Student Room Group

Cheating on homework..

What defines cheating on homework?
I used to use textsheet to see the solutions to the questions I had for homework and things. The majority of solutions come from a textbook on my reading list, if I was buy the textbook or subscribe to chegg does it count as cheating if I check a step while trying to solve something to see if I'm going about the question in the right way or not?
Reply 1
This is a question of integrity. Copying blindly without putting the effort to attempt question first or understand what you are copying is a no-go for me. Also, if it is a graded submission.
(edited 5 years ago)
Sorry for the late reply, I don't often use TSR much anymore. I agree with you, this is mostly tutorial based questions I usually end up not being unsure how it's done and things sometimes. What I used to do is that I would attempt the questions hours on end and if I really cant do it I'll check the answers and see if I was on the write track and question why certain steps were done.

To be honest, the situation now is that I end up asking my lecturer/ tutorial teacher alot about the questions given in the tutorials, and this situation kind of motivated me to do it instead of suffering in silence. I wish that TSR wasn't a forum, you seem like a nice person to talk to and things
Original post by kenryou
This is a question of integrity. Copying blindly without putting the effort to attempt question first or understand what you are copying is a no-go for me. Also, if it is a graded submission.
Reply 3
I will advice you to work on understanding the concept of your study; which may be why you are having difficulty working on the tutorial. Your lecturer plays a role too. It is hard to find a science communicator who is able to explain things in layman term. I have difficulty absorbing chunks of boring texts or speech from the lecturer.

You may want to look up edx.org or coursera for a similar course, they have some of the best lecturers who are able to communicate complex materials in a layman term.

Thank you. If you need anymore advice, you can always hit me up with a PM.

Quick Reply

Latest