The Student Room Group

Stream change

I m humanities student but I would like to do Engineering. I can’t give Physics since I didn’t give Physics GSCEs so I m giving Maths but doesn’t seem enough?!! I would really appreciate a response
Foundation year/Access to HE course. Sheffield also offers a program called Pathway to Engineering which allows you to study Physics for a month before your course starts if you only have Maths, other unis may offer something similar.

There are also some courses which will don't include physics in their entry requirements, UCL's civil engineering is probably the most well known one but a lot of lower ranked unis offer it too.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Helloworld_95
Foundation year/Access to HE course. Sheffield also offers a program called Pathway to Engineering which allows you to study Physics for a month before your course starts if you only have Maths, other unis may offer something similar.

I want to do a course in Aeronautical Engineering
Original post by Samavi16
I want to do a course in Aeronautical Engineering

All of the above suggestions are available for entry to aeronautical/aerospace engineering
Reply 4
Btw do you know any Canadian universities? The thing is I have less time so the University of Sheffield s pathway was a great idea
Btw do you know any Canadian universities? The thing is I have less time so the University of Sheffield s pathway was a great idea

There are plenty such as UBC or UToronto, Waterloo. Google is your friend.
Reply 6
Reply 7
Anywhere cheap?
Anywhere cheap?

India
Anywhere cheap?

Define cheap.

£15k per year in tuition alone is the cheapest you'll get for engineering in the Anglosphere (in particular you'll get this in the UK, NZ, probably Ireland), and there's probably some overlap between low tuition fees and no physics requirement in the UK at least. For Canada or Aus, or even better universities in the aforementioned countries, expect to pay a good amount more, and for the US a lot more than that.

If you want cheaper than that then the Netherlands are slightly cheaper and offer English instruction, and Germany are nearly free for tuition but English instruction at bachelor's level is much rarer (though it is available).
Reply 10
Well I m from Pakistan and Uhh well we do O Levels and I was put in Commerce because my motor skills were slow so I did A Levels in Humanities I m privately doing Maths but I always wanted to be scientist so I can try 12-13k in UK and same in Canada
Well I m from Pakistan and Uhh well we do O Levels and I was put in Commerce because my motor skills were slow so I did A Levels in Humanities I m privately doing Maths but I always wanted to be scientist so I can try 12-13k in UK and same in Canada

Unfortunately that would be unrealistically low for the UK and far too low for Canada. Bear in mind you will need to pay £7k/US$10k in living costs on top of that as a minimum, then travel costs too. It would be a bit risky for the Netherlands before living costs but very manageable for Germany.
Reply 12
So how low can Canada get?
Reply 13
Well the point is the person aka my father paying finds this high so any way I can like pay less or I ll be studying social sciences
So how low can Canada get?

For aero engineering the lowest I can find is ~CAD$26,000 or about £16,000 for tuition.
Reply 15
16000 for the Bachelor
16000 for the Bachelor

£16,000 per year for a bachelor's, so ~£64,000 for tuition in Canada, ~£95,000 overall costs. For the UK overall costs would be about £65,000. Social sciences are less but not much less. You will need to go to a country with much cheaper tuition fees like Germany or France, or good scholarship opportunities like China, South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong.
Reply 17
I love Singapore
Big up Pakistan - Lahoris :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest