The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I HATE BIOLOGY for me it may be slightly interesting but really is it more than just learning a text book and being able to regurgitate in an exam.

Chemistry actually requires you to think somewhat which in my mind makes it so much more interesting :smile:
Reply 2
For me, chemistry is easier, but biology would do. A no to physics for me.
Reply 3
Biology is beautiful.
Reply 4
Chemistry is the shizz.
I am horrific at Chemistry, so I'll say Biology (Although I find both tedious)
Both but if i had to pick it would be chem as it has less essay like questions
Reply 7
As the name suggests, I love biology. I enjoy biochemistry, but find proper chemistry pretty tedious.
Wow 50:50 in the poll
Reply 9
crazylemon
Wow 50:50 in the poll

Ooh, tension!
nuttygirl
Ooh, tension!

Its not anymore :frown:
thelostchild
I HATE BIOLOGY for me it may be slightly interesting but really is it more than just learning a text book and being able to regurgitate in an exam.

Chemistry actually requires you to think somewhat which in my mind makes it so much more interesting :smile:

I disagree. Both Biology and Chemistry require you to learn facts then regurgitate them!
I still prefer Biology over Chemistry, but I can't say I dislike Chemistry.
biology is piss easy relative with chemistry - you can make a thick person good at biology, but you cant make them good at chemistry.

Biology is just learning facts, where chemisty is learning a lot more facts and then applying them
Reply 14
I find chemistry more difficult, and relish the challange, I do find biology pretty interesting but the way it is examined isn't the best, it's more like humanitities ;/
i liked both, but i more better at chemistry, then biology
I prefer biology. I am finding chemistry very difficult! :frown:
Reply 17
Woo go chem!!!
Reply 18
both are great :biggrin:

but prob chemistry more cos 80% of what we learn is interesting but biology its only certain topics which i like eg genetics and biochemistry
Reply 19
eulerwaswrong
biology is piss easy relative with chemistry - you can make a thick person good at biology, but you cant make them good at chemistry.

Biology is just learning facts, where chemisty is learning a lot more facts and then applying them

I disagree. I know a number of people who find Chemistry pretty straight forward, but struggle to grasp biological concepts. It's the way your brain is wired to an extent, I think.

Latest