The Student Room Group

Paypal doesn't recognise my HSBC card!

Paypal keeps saying that my new HSBC Debit Card number is invalid, even though i phoned HSBC and they verified it was valid. I then phoned up Paypal again and the silly operator didn't know what to do, so she said that she'd sort everything else via e-mail - when she e-mailed me, she listed the exact method i had tried and failed! I phoned paypal again and they said they didn't know what to do and phone HSBC (which i've already done!).

So what can i do about this? Should i just get a new HSBC Debit card?
Reply 1
Stupid question, but are you sure you typed the correct number in?
it might be a HSBC thing, i have the same problem :s-smilie:
If it ain't working then just don't buy crap you don't need offa ebay or whatever.

Or do the bank transfer way with paypal. (no pal of mine would charge as much as they do)
Or just pay with postal orders instead.
Reply 5
Ahh the HSBC card... yea they are worded differently to most credit/debit cards (unless they have corrected them yet), by any chance when any where asks you for your "card number" do you put in the big long one (or the last 8 digits) or the bit on the card that actually says "card number"?

Palpal still a bit sucky tho.. dont trust them with too much money (basically any more than you can afford to loose), as they dont care too much when YOUR money goes missing, as they dont have no governing bodies to monitor them (they monitor them selfs, and ignore quite a few things)
Reply 6
leeming
Ahh the HSBC card... yea they are worded differently to most credit/debit cards (unless they have corrected them yet), by any chance when any where asks you for your "card number" do you put in the big long one (or the last 8 digits) or the bit on the card that actually says "card number"?

Palpal still a bit sucky tho.. dont trust them with too much money (basically any more than you can afford to loose), as they dont care too much when YOUR money goes missing, as they dont have no governing bodies to monitor them (they monitor them selfs, and ignore quite a few things)

Yea, i'm typing in the number which is right above where it says card number (not the big one on the middle of the card).

well then how would i pay for my stuff then?
I thought youre meant to type in the big number in the middle :confused:
Reply 8
8 eugenius
I thought youre meant to type in the big number in the middle :confused:

well that's misleading of HSBC! :p:

I'll try the big one in the front then - thankeys eug :hugs:
Kagutsuchi

thats okay :hugs:
Reply 10
Kagutsuchi

But.. butt.. thats what i was getting at! wheres my hugs? lol:biggrin:
Reply 11
leeming
But.. butt.. thats what i was getting at! wheres my hugs? lol:biggrin:

If you want them :p: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
HSBC and Paypal done seem to get along.. we've had debit and business accounts with HSBC that we've had to transfere because paypal kept declining them.. very strange, but now we're with co-op we've had no trouble at all!

Latest

Trending

Trending