The Student Room Group

I’ve been scammed

Hi guys so basically bought products for personal use and I was wondering if I am able to get my money back as it was a lot like £175 . I have never received the product and they kept asking for me which I said no. I’ve learnt my money lesson from this and I’m not sure if I can my money back but was wondering if it was possible?
Original post by Jamesx199612
Hi guys so basically bought products for personal use and I was wondering if I am able to get my money back as it was a lot like £175 . I have never received the product and they kept asking for me which I said no. I’ve learnt my money lesson from this and I’m not sure if I can my money back but was wondering if it was possible?

Did you buy these products on-line? Is the company based in the UK or overseas?

Do they claim the products were sent to you? Have they provided a tracking number for the delivery company? Have they provided any evidence that the products were successfully delivered?

How did you pay? Debit card? Credit card? PayPal? Some other way?
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
Did you buy these products on-line? Is the company based in the UK or overseas?

Do they claim the products were sent to you? Have they provided a tracking number for the delivery company? Have they provided any evidence that the products were successfully delivered?

How did you pay? Debit card? Credit card? PayPal? Some other way?

Hi they seems to based over the Uk and overseas they provided me with an email address for PayPal. Which I sent the money to and then asking me more money for delivery which was an unreasonable amount.

As in total it was enough money to pay for the products and delivery cost. They said they have sent the order it my house and that it was on the way even though I haven’t received anything to my house or at the post office.

I bought the products on an app called telegram it was not on any online retail website like Amazon or eBay it was not really an official retail site
Original post by Jamesx199612
Hi they seems to based over the Uk and overseas they provided me with an email address for PayPal. Which I sent the money to and then asking me more money for delivery which was an unreasonable amount.

As in total it was enough money to pay for the products and delivery cost. They said they have sent the order it my house and that it was on the way even though I haven’t received anything to my house or at the post office.

I bought the products on an app called telegram it was not on any online retail website like Amazon or eBay it was not really an official retail site

That money's gone, I'm afraid. It would be difficult to describe a more "dodgy" transaction. :frown:

I'm not sure what "based over the Uk and overseas" means, but I suspect you're saying it's overseas. Buying over Telegram. Paying via PayPal. Them demanding more money (for delivery) after the initial transaction. Dodgy on every level.
Moneys gone bro. Massively risky way to try doing business with a total stranger
Reply 5
Your only very slim chance might be to take it up with Paypal - you would have to read their terms and see if there are any escape clauses? Probably not though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending