The Student Room Group

Chinese people, welcome! [中國人, 歡迎你!] [中国人, 欢迎你!]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Keni
Lol... You claim to have so much life experience... yet you judge a person by their warning level/ban count on an online forum?

I never said he's a blessed man, I said theres nothing wrong with standing up for their beliefs. Plus, at least he has the decency to respect others on a thread where people are trying to get along well.

That's the most important thing: respect. s.e.r.e.n.e...if you want one's respect...then please respect him before you screw up and cause another fight.
Everyone! 忍一时风平浪静,推一步海阔天空.
studyboy
Everyone! 忍一时风平浪静,推一步海阔天空.

I'm very sure this is wrong - the character means "push", and 一步 is "ippu" in Japanese, meaning "one step". :wink:
Reply 383
s.e.r.e.n.e
I'm very sure this is wrong - the character means "push", and 一步 is "ippu" in Japanese, meaning "one step". :wink:

He's telling us to calm down and take it step by step. As you can see from the past posts...there have been lots of fights and arguments.

Also, if you're so immersed and interested in the Japanese language...why not create a Japanese society? I would join it! :yep:
s.e.r.e.n.e

die serene die! xD
it makes sense, stop being ignorant and judgemental, they aren't complimentary characteristics.
dimdim_lee
die serene die! xD
it makes sense, stop being ignorant and judgemental, they aren't complimentary characteristics.

Indeed!

Serene, why aren't you anything like your name? Lol.
I mean... its true that that one characer isn't correct, but the character he wants has a similar pronounciation though in a different tone... So why make a big deal about it? You could've pointed it out in a friendlier tone. And sorry again to be Hostile but this is a Chinese Society. Not a Japanese Society, so you can try impress others elsewhere.
And why are you still criticizing?
为人民服务 had the decency and respect for others to say sorry after I said 一人讓一步. Yet all you continue to do leave provocative comments. You don't even have the decency to apologize to 为人民服务 and the thread for the discontent you've brought. Especially after when dafunkyguy asked you KINDLY to leave this thread since all you bring is arguements.

We're not deliberately picking on you, but you have to realise this is a result of YOUR OWN ACTIONS.

Ps. Hello studyboy and dimdim_lee. ^^
Keni
And anyways how are yous both today?

Well i just picked up my dad from the airport, he's just got back from a conference in xian. So that was the highlight of my day.
Keni
I still haven't finished my personal statement for UCAS... its so hard =/.

This is a bit early for ucas, i didn't do mine until sept. And i didn't have that much time to check it over, so the first thing one of the admin tutors (not the one who interviewed me) asked me is why i have 5 'and' in the first sentence alone. lol
studyboy
Everyone! 忍一时风平浪静,退一步海阔天空.

good advice
还有, 大家不要吵架, 更不要为我的行为和思想来争吵. 不管你们说什么, Serene 还是会狠我的. 请大家不要在废口舌了. :smile:

这个网页是为了中国学生, 和对于中国文化感兴趣的朋友们来使用的. 不是一个机会为那些少数种族主义者来侮辱, 攻击和歧视中华民族和中华文化的.
Original post by &#20026
This is a bit early for ucas, i didn't do mine until sept. And i didn't have that much time to check it over, so the first thing one of the admin tutors (not the one who interviewed me) asked me is why i have 5 'and' in the first sentence alone. lol

Ohh, nono, it's not too early. Since I need UCAS for the term starting 08. (If I don't get the grades for Medicine, I'll go Uni starting 08) So I'm actually very late for my UCAS. Lol you wrote 5 and? Lol. Did you have to change it? How did the interview go anyways? ^^
Wow you can drive - am so jealous :biggrin:
I've still got 5 months until I can sit the driving test. Anxious for it, since my sister failed it 4 times O_O. And Noone in my family's done it in less than 3 tries. Hopefully I'll manage it first time.

Original post by &#20026
还有, 大家不要吵架, 更不要为我的行为和思想来争吵. 不管你们说什么, Serene 还是会狠我的. 请大家不要在废口舌了.

这个网页是为了中国学生, 和对于中国文化感兴趣的朋友们来使用的. 不是一个机会为那些少数种族主义者来侮辱, 攻击和歧视中华民族和中华文化的.

Okays okays no more arguements then ^^.

Lets par-tay instead :woo: :woo:
Keni
Ohh, nono, it's not too early. Since I need UCAS for the term starting 08. (If I don't get the grades for Medicine, I'll go Uni starting 08) So I'm actually very late for my UCAS. Lol you wrote 5 and? Lol. Did you have to change it? How did the interview go anyways? ^^
Wow you can drive - am so jealous
I've still got 5 months until I can sit the driving test. Anxious for it, since my sister failed it 4 times O_O. And Noone in my family's done it in less than 3 tries. Hopefully I'll manage it first time.

i managed to change it, thats one of the reasons why i applied to Emmanuel collge instead of Jesus college, since it was jesus college admissions tutor who informed me of my poor literary skills.
But the interview was a very stereotypical cambridge interview (ie weird questions) one of the questions were how much does the air in the room weigh, there was a boyoncy question and a differentiation question (keeping in mind that this was a med interview). But it is definitely the best interview experience i had, since i felt cambridge actually cared, rather that other unis which make you travel half way across the country and give youa 10 minute tour and 15 min interview and says good bye, and expect for you to pay for your food and lodging (oh dear i am ranting again).
I am actually going to apply for my provsional tomoro, and start lessons asap. My dad passed on the first go, so i have alot to live up to. eeks

Keni
Lets par-tay instead

i don't know about you, but i don't par-tay by spinning around and waving my hands about like a lunatic lol. :smile:
Original post by &#20026
i managed to change it, thats one of the reasons why i applied to Emmanuel collge instead of Jesus college, since it was jesus college admissions tutor who informed me of my poor literary skills.
But the interview was a very stereotypical cambridge interview (ie weird questions) one of the questions were how much does the air in the room weigh, there was a boyoncy question and a differentiation question (keeping in mind that this was a med interview). But it is definitely the best interview experience i had, since i felt cambridge actually cared, rather that other unis which make you travel half way across the country and give youa 10 minute tour and 15 min interview and says good bye, and expect for you to pay for your food and lodging (oh dear i am ranting again).
I am actually going to apply for my provsional tomoro, and start lessons asap. My dad passed on the first go, so i have alot to live up to. eeks

i don't know about you, but i don't par-tay by spinning around and waving my hands about like a lunatic lol. :smile:

Hmm cambridge interviews... Sounds scary already... the questions... seem so absurd. Lol its good to rant. :smile: Interesting things come out when you start ranting. You seem like you've had a lot of experience already. ^^ It must be useful. - I'm still awaiting my first interview - I'd be quite anxious since I'm not a very smooth talker. Hopefully the questions won't be too awkward.
Have you done your UKCAT yet? Something else am looking forward to.
:O I've got my provisional already ^^ but gotta wait till my bday before I'm legally allowed to have lessons. (Though I did manage to sneak test drives already on quiet roads).

And hey! whats wrong with my par-taying? :woo: =p

Ps. Sigh I still havent managed to concentrate on my Personal statement xD
Ahh!! Am overusing the word: 'also' too much in my personal statement. :>.<:
Reply 394
Original post by &#20026
&#36824;&#26377;, &#22823;&#23478;&#19981;&#35201;&#21557;&#26550;, &#26356;&#19981;&#35201;&#20026;&#25105;&#30340;&#34892;&#20026;&#21644;&#24605;&#24819;&#26469;&#20105;&#21557;. &#19981;&#31649;&#20320;&#20204;&#35828;&#20160;&#20040;, Serene &#36824;&#26159;&#20250;&#29408;&#25105;&#30340;. &#35831;&#22823;&#23478;&#19981;&#35201;&#22312;&#24223;&#21475;&#33292;&#20102;. :smile:

&#36825;&#20010;&#32593;&#39029;&#26159;&#20026;&#20102;&#20013;&#22269;&#23398;&#29983;, &#21644;&#23545;&#20110;&#20013;&#22269;&#25991;&#21270;&#24863;&#20852;&#36259;&#30340;&#26379;&#21451;&#20204;&#26469;&#20351;&#29992;&#30340;. &#19981;&#26159;&#19968;&#20010;&#26426;&#20250;&#20026;&#37027;&#20123;&#23569;&#25968;&#31181;&#26063;&#20027;&#20041;&#32773;&#26469;&#20398;&#36785;, &#25915;&#20987;&#21644;&#27495;&#35270;&#20013;&#21326;&#27665;&#26063;&#21644;&#20013;&#21326;&#25991;&#21270;&#30340;.

I know you may not want to translate this in English...but I hope you do...just for the sake of this thread. :yep:

Yes...I like Chinese culture...since I feel proud and satisfied to be a Chinese person myself. We should preserve and keep our Chinese culture...and continue on the legacy of our amazing and sophisticated traditions. :p:
Reply 395
Keni
Ahh!! Am overusing the word: 'also' too much in my personal statement. :>.<:

You could use "In addition" or "Firstly, secondly, etc." in your personal statement as well. It's better to use transitional words instead of always using "also".

Here's a link that may help you out: http://www.studygs.net/wrtstr6.htm
Reply 396
dimdim_lee
die serene die! xD

No...don't be mad at s.e.r.e.n.e...I'm sure he learned from his mistakes and he will "become a new person again"...if you know what I mean...literally. :yep:

If you want to join the Chinese society...mind you..here's the link: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/socs.php?do=join&socid=700
dafunkyguy
You could use "In addition" or "Firstly, secondly, etc." in your personal statement as well. It's better to use transitional words instead of always using "also".

Here's a link that may help you out: http://www.studygs.net/wrtstr6.htm

Thanks very much for the link. Its very useful :O
Am surprised at how many words can replace also O_O Damn my bad english :biggrin:
Reply 398
Keni
Thanks very much for the link. Its very useful :O
Am surprised at how many words can replace also O_O Damn my bad english :biggrin:

No problem...you can use these...but don't overuse it though. :biggrin:
s.e.r.e.n.e
I'm very sure this is wrong - the character means "push", and &#19968;&#27493; is "ippu" in Japanese, meaning "one step". :wink:

LOL! You are right!! :p: :p: Yeah! :laugh:

Quick Reply

Latest