The Student Room Group

Chinese people, welcome! [中國人, 歡迎你!] [中国人, 欢迎你!]

Scroll to see replies

Probably my pronounciation XD and yes it is bai, now I think about it =____=;;;
end account
不明白 bu ming zai, don't know XDD know that one ~~ yay.

I guess, to specify, just in casual conversation with friends, like "I am going to the shops!" "I want some milk" "ok, do you like full milk?"

Just, easy verbs to get me started, and thank you for those I recognise some but will learn the rest =] Thank you so much.

You are welcome. Feel free to ask.^^ mandarin is my native language so i guess i would be able to help.:biggrin:

There you are. ( btw, if you talk to a cantonese or someone from taiwan, they use different phrases to express ideas on certain things :smile: )

I want some milk.
我想喝点牛奶。

ok, do you like full milk?
好吧,你喜欢全脂牛奶吗?

I am going to the shops
我去逛商场了。

I'm flat broke. 我身无分文。

人多得要命!
What a crowd!

商店几点开门?
When does the store open?

It's closed today. 商店今天休息。

我们11点才开门呢。
We won't open until eleven.

卖鞋的专柜在哪儿呀?
Where's the shoe department?

这个多少钱?
How much is this?

这种衬衫有小号的吗?
Do you have this shirt in a small?

这种毛衣有红色的吗?

我可以试穿吗?
May I try it on?

这套衣服正合适。
This suit fits perfectly.

这条裙子和这件上衣挺配的,是吧?
This skirt matches this blouse, doesn't it?

我要这个。
I'll take this one.

您用现金还是卡?
Will that be cash or charge?

这儿有点儿脏。
It's got a stain.

我想退货。
I'd like to return this.

能再便宜一些吗?
Would you give me a discount?

请给包一下。
Please wrap it.

我想吃意大利菜。
I'd like some Italian food.

我需要预订吗?
Do I need a reservation?

一顿饭多少钱?
What is the price of a dinner course?

请给我菜单。
Could I have a menu, please?

要几成熟的?
How would you like your steak cooked?

烤熟点。
Well-done, please.

*rare“三成熟”,medium “适中的,半成熟”,well-done “烤得熟的,八成熟”。

请做得清淡些。
Can you make it mild?

我有点饿了。
I'm kind of hungry.

我都快饿死了。
I'm starving.

闻着真香。
It smells good.

My mouth is watering. (我都要流口水了!)

这个好吃吗?
Is this delicious?

他真能吃。
He's a big eater.

我什么都不想吃。
I don't feel like eating anything.

我喝酒海量。
I drink like a fish.

我酒量小。
I get drunk easily.

我酒量还可以。
I can hold my own.

你喝咖啡吗?
Would you like some coffee?

寿司怎么吃呀?
How do you eat sushi?
你得蘸酱油。
You dip it in soy sauce.

你会用筷子吗?
Can you use chopsticks?

真辣!
It's spicy.
It's hot.
真咸。
It's salty.
真甜。
It's sweet.
真脆。
It's crispy.
真粘。

我吃饱了。
I'm very full.

Do you need anything more?:wink:
Reply 3982
end account
Probably my pronounciation XD and yes it is bai, now I think about it =____=;;;

lol.

沒關係。 加油!

@薇薇公主: lol. I hate simplified Chinese. I never understood why you guys don't write Traditionally like we do in HK.
JiangYu
lol.

沒關係。 加油!

@薇薇公主: lol. I hate simplified Chinese. I never understood why you guys don't write Traditionally like we do in HK.

:shrug: i dunno. i was just born to learn it just as what the rest mainlanders do, hehe. i like it anyway as it looks concise without losing its original connotation meanwhile. also, i'm fond of tranditioinal one as well, which seems beautiful.:p:

seeing that end account is learning simplified chinese, i think i'd better write it simplifiedly.:p:
Lol, I'm learning simplified as it's the business language ;3

THANK YOU~ for the help ~ Oh so many modern useful phrases there. I'll get stuck into it for homework tonight and ask for help tomorrow in the morning with what I don't get =] Thank you ~~~
Reply 3985
Original post by &#34183
:shrug: i dunno. i was just born to learn it just as what the rest mainlanders do, hehe. i like it anyway as it looks concise without losing its original connotation meanwhile. also, i'm fond of tranditioinal one as well, which seems beautiful.:p:

seeing that end account is learning simplified chinese, i think i'd better write it simplifiedly.:p:

You have HK flag on your account. So, you live in HK now? Also, I'm actually Hakka Chinese so I speak both Hakka and Cantonese although I speak more the latter. I can speak Hakka well but I don't use it unless I have to, for example, when I have to converse with relatives.

I prefer the sound of Mandarin though to Cantonese. It flows more whereas Cantonese is more harsh-sounding. I better stop writing in Chinese otherwise End Account will get confused! I confess, I can't read simplified chinese. Or perhaps a better way of saying it, I can read simplified Chinese if I stare and think really hard! LOL.
also, how do you join two sentences together?? What's the equivalent of and?? =____=;;;
JiangYu
Welcome to the Chinese Society, Star. What Chinese music do you like? My favourite HK singers are Joey and Fiona but my favourite Mandarin singers are Genie Zhuo and Jay Chou although there are so many singers that I like.
I don't really like football at all but I like Snooker a lot. You must have heard about the Shanghai Snooker Masters, which is currently on the final day today!

Aha^^ My favourite singers are David Tao and Stefanie Sun :biggrin: I also appreciate Jay.
Sometimes my friends called me to play billiard with them, but I'm really not good at it... :p:
Sorry I didn't pay close attention on 2009 Shanghai Masters, but I feel regretful for 丁俊晖 and 梁文博, congratulate for O'Sullivan!:rolleyes:
gyyy2807
Welcome :smile:
what course are you studying and where?

Football :biggrin: :woo: who do you support?

I study Materials Science at Queen Mary, University of London.

You also like football, eh? Actually I'm a fan of Real Madrid, I have been supporting RM and Raul for 9 years, and will never end I think.

I like both Liverpool and Man Utd :p: And I wish to watch I football game here :yep: :yep: :yep:
end account
also, how do you join two sentences together?? What's the equivalent of and?? =____=;;;

Er, sometimes we can use 和/跟/与/以及 to replace "and", but not always.
eg:
你爱唱歌 You love singing. 你爱跳舞 You love dancing.
你爱唱歌和跳舞 You love singing and dancing.
eg:
他们唱歌 They sing. 他们跳舞 They dance.
他们整晚又唱歌又跳舞 They sang and danced all through the night.
here we use 又...又... to express and

glad to help, actually, I'm newbie here...Hi^:p:
Reply 3990
^starstar3601
glad you like Liverpool team for football :smile:
cos i love them too haha.. they played at home the other day. When i was in town..so many people wearing liverpool red football shirts... :biggrin:
end account

We use words like the followings:
1. 因为。。
Becuase....

我不喜欢这本小说,因为它太无聊了。
I don’t like the novel because it’s too boring.

2. 虽然。。。但是
although

虽然得了全A,但我也不骄傲。
i don’t feel very proud of myself although i’ve got As in my GCSE.

3. 如果。。那么
If

如果明天下雨,他们就不去野餐了。
I f it rains tomorrow, they will not go to picnic.

4. 以防
In case

带着你的雨伞,以防下雨。
Bring umbrella with you in case it may rain.

5. That is what starstar3601 has told you and i add one more here-还\还有

我们参观了康沃尔,还去了布里斯托。
We’ve visited cornwall and bristol.

:biggrin:
JiangYu
You have HK flag on your account. So, you live in HK now? Also, I'm actually Hakka Chinese so I speak both Hakka and Cantonese although I speak more the latter. I can speak Hakka well but I don't use it unless I have to, for example, when I have to converse with relatives.

I prefer the sound of Mandarin though to Cantonese. It flows more whereas Cantonese is more harsh-sounding. I better stop writing in Chinese otherwise End Account will get confused! I confess, I can't read simplified chinese. Or perhaps a better way of saying it, I can read simplified Chinese if I stare and think really hard! LOL.

i'll be there very soon~~i love hongkong, like cantonese and am interested in hakka, hahaha~~:woo:
starstar3601
I study Materials Science at Queen Mary, University of London.

You also like football, eh? Actually I'm a fan of Real Madrid, I have been supporting RM and Raul for 9 years, and will never end I think.

I like both Liverpool and Man Utd :p: And I wish to watch I football game here :yep: :yep: :yep:

My dad specializes in material science and engineering. He does research.

Real Madrid I like :biggrin: but Liverpool and Man U :mad: I support Chelsea.
Reply 3994
Pfft! Can't believe there are no Arsenal supporters in this thread! :huff:

:p:
geoff_yin
Pfft! Can't believe there are no Arsenal supporters in this thread! :huff:

:p:

Didn't they lose to Man City 4-2?
Reply 3996
*Whoosh!*

Over my head...LOL
ttoffee
^starstar3601
glad you like Liverpool team for football :smile:
cos i love them too haha.. they played at home the other day. When i was in town..so many people wearing liverpool red football shirts... :biggrin:

To ttoffee: red flowing sea I think :smile: two of my friends are hardcore supporter of Liverpool, and we swear to watch a football match of Liverpool. But regretfully, we heard that the tickets in a few month has sold out...

To gyyy2807: I like materials, and our materials course will start soon. We all support football right? :smile: which city of China are you from my friend?
Reply 3998
TheNihilist
Didn't they lose to Man City 4-2?

Yes, but just because they lost to a team that spent £100m on players during the summer, does not make it a reason not to support Arsenal!

:arsenal:
starstar3601
To gyyy2807: I like materials, and our materials course will start soon. We all support football right? :smile: which city of China are you from my friend?

haha :wink: :biggrin:
I was born in Guiyang but mainly lived in Guangzhou. Then moved here in 1999.

What about you?

Quick Reply

Latest