The Student Room Group

Chinese people, welcome! [中國人, 歡迎你!] [中国人, 欢迎你!]

Scroll to see replies

*Olivia*HK
Yep, China are doing really well. Although America have the most medals so far, we've got the most golds so far. :p:
Am also keeping an eye out for Hong Kong, but so far, it looks like we have no medals. :frown:

Am keeping an eye out of Hong Kong too. Even though we have no medals, I've still got the hopes up.

[Quote=m:smile:ckel]Hi, is anyone here watching the Olympics?

^^, I'm sure almost everyone here is watching the Olympics this year :p:

anminko
Hahaha, I had just watched the olympics and thought I'd drop in and praise you guys. I'll leave if you want me to...

You're more than welcome here :yep:
Hanoi
Another gold for him today 2 more to go :woo:

Qing dynasty flag, well I think it's a pretty flag but I guess it might be a contraversial choice seeing how Qing dynasty is often seen as a 'shameful' period because of weakening military power leading to the 'unequal treaties' and Opium Wars.:o:

Well...I really hope that Phelps would finish off those two gold medals.

Well...which kind of flag do you want? I seriously don't know what to choose...it's all too political.
anminko
Yeah, fluent. :smile:

Hahaha, I had just watched the olympics and thought I'd drop in and praise you guys. :biggrin: I'll leave if you want me to... :no:

You don't have to leave...Japanese people are always welcome (except for s.e.r.e.n.e). Nevertheless...enjoy your stay! :p:
Are you guys looking forward to the badminton showdown by Lee Chong Wei and Lin Dan? World number 1 against World number 2, this should be interesting!
i am chinese. .........................
为人民服务
hi bros and sis.

I got into cambridge med.

My results were alot better than i expected, i an so bloody happy. Still can't believe my luck, i am so lucky, i didn't deserve the offer or the grades, but the big guy upstairs obviously has different ideas.

With my place at cambridge confirmed, my first step towards world domination is complete, mwahahahahahahahahahaha

Congratulations.:smile: All the best at Cambridge.
studyboy
Are you guys looking forward to the badminton showdown by Lee Chong Wei and Lin Dan? World number 1 against World number 2, this should be interesting!

Really really looking forawrd to it :smile: Though I was hoping it'd be Chen Jin and Lin Dan in the finals.
蘋果
Really really looking forawrd to it :smile: Though I was hoping it'd be Chen Jin and Lin Dan in the finals.

Too bad they are in the same half of the draw.:o:
I think Lin Dan sees Chong Wei highly and actually wants a match with Chong Wei. :rolleyes:
蘋果

Well, not for me! I am glad that Chong Wei got into the finals! :woo: :woo:
Is anyone else disappointed with the mixed double in badmington? No chinese in the finale. :s-smilie:.
Reply 1190
^yeah i'm disappointed too, and cai/fu just lost

蘋果

Not really for me, there's less atmosphere because they're both chinese and you know that when there's a malaysian against a chinese they're guaranteed to be really competitive
shikun.qian
i am chinese. .........................

Well...welcome to the Chinese Society!

I hope you can stay in this thread and socialize with us! :p:
35, 7 more to go. :yeah:
蘋果

Same here, but at least they both won their matches, which meant 2 medals for China! :biggrin:
Was really pleased for Lin Dan; he really deserves it for the way he's dominated the game of badminton. He seems to be good on every aspect of his game, his net play, court coverage, accuracy, choice of shot, agility, raw speed and power. He defends as well as he attacks; he just seems to have very little (or no) weaknesses.

Am also delighted for Zhang Ning after her thrilling victory over compatriot, Xie Xingfang. She became the first badminton player to ever successfully defend her Olympics singles' title. You could see how much it meant to her.
Does anyone know if this is her last Olympics? If so, this has been a fitting finale. :smile:

P.S. We beat our big rivals, USA, at beach volleyball! Yeah! :biggrin: :biggrin:
So now, it's a semi-final between 2 Chinese pairs, which means we're at least guaranteed a silver medal. :yep:
Did you see the 4x100 IM relay? Oh my god...Michael Phelps stole the show! Now...he's the record holder for the most Olympic gold medals. Man...he's such a crazy swimmer!

I'm also surprised that Canada FINALLY gets some medals. However...I hope that China keeps it up and get more gold medals so that USA would cry and weep as the Olympic games end. I know...I'm so evil. :p:

Wow...Hanoi, 蘋果, and ~|Shock|~, you people are so good in earning reputation points! I totally envy you!
China for the steam roll at the Olympics!

Oh and hi everybody :smile:
Nidhogg_Rider
China for the steam roll at the Olympics!

Oh and hi everybody :smile:

Welcome to this thread...I hope you enjoy your stay here! :p:

Well...the Japanese team isn't that bad either...especially Kosuke Kitajima...he's such a fast swimmer in breaststroke. :eek:
Reply 1197
dafunkyguy
Welcome to this thread...I hope you enjoy your stay here! :p:

Well...the Japanese team isn't that bad either...especially Kosuke Kitajima...he's such a fast swimmer in breaststroke. :eek:

lol! nidhogg_rider is a bbc if you read his profile:p:

did anyone see the 劉翔 heat? I feel sorry for him...the pressure of all the anticipation of the whole nation...all the pressure not to disappoint...and then he realises that it's just not possible with the injury...:no: :no: you could see that he was uncomfortable walking into the stadium but he still didn't want to disappoint...everyone just put too much expection and pressure on him :/

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/olympics/athletics/7567283.stm
Poor Liu Xiang, imagine his pain for not being able to compete.
Reply 1199
*Olivia*HK

Am also delighted for Zhang Ning after her thrilling victory over compatriot, Xie Xingfang. She became the first badminton player to ever successfully defend her Olympics singles' title. You could see how much it meant to her.
Does anyone know if this is her last Olympics? If so, this has been a fitting finale. :smile:

Yes I was so glad when ZN won, she is my favourite badminton player. Yes this is her last olympics at 33 (I think!), she orginally wanted to retire at 26 but her coach told her to carry on playing, and was going to retire after Athens, but the thought of defending her title in Beijing delayed her retirement for another 4 years and luckily she won gold :smile:
Here is a 50 minute documentary about her, there are 5 parts, I was touched watching it :o:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElojwV1JC7g&feature=related

Quick Reply

Latest