The Student Room Group

Chinese people, welcome! [中國人, 歡迎你!] [中国人, 欢迎你!]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1780
dafunkyguy
I know! They're all so good! Don't forget the most delectable dessert 蛋撻! :p:

Yes I love 蛋撻,! aswell, damn, I like all of them =_= .. the mini ones.. = one in mouth at once :biggrin:
Hanoi
What is that? :eek:

You actually don't know? I'm surprised! :woo:

It's a dessert made up of many layers of sweet egg dough.

Don't forget 馬拉糕! :tongue:
Reply 1782
dafunkyguy
I don't live in the UK...but I like eating 點心! It's been a while since I've eaten some.

It's so expensive though! :shifty:

Yah, in Hong Kong they are better prices than in UK here, where you at? :P
Reply 1783
dafunkyguy

Damn 馬拉糕 too .. so many.. especially when its all soft and just cooked all steamy and fluffy... drool.
eimi
Yes I love 蛋撻,! aswell, damn, I like all of them =_= .. the mini ones.. = one in mouth at once :biggrin:

I know! They're so good!

I like the small ones too! You can eat them in one bite! It's just so good! :smile:

Now...we should talk about 茶餐廳! :biggrin:
eimi
Yah, in Hong Kong they are better prices than in UK here, where you at? :P

I live in Canada. :smile:

Prices are pretty expensive...but there are a few restaurants that are pretty inexpensive. However...they have REALLY LONG lineups. :frown:
Reply 1786
eimi
Yeh.. what course you applying for? Yes, its really horrible feeling too, when suddenly in your email itsays the status of your ucas track has changed clcik here to see.. last year I was like ARHHHT_T

Last year i got offers from Sheffield and Newcastle.. but I messed up my Physics BAH.. and didnt get in, and didnt wanna go to newcastle =.=
So i'm reapplying.. but tis ok.. on this gap year so far.. no job.. but i took a trip to Japan :biggrin: ..horhorr ...

ECONOMICS (it's in my sig, I'm surprised you missed it :p: !)
Too bad about your Physics exam...I'm worried that I'll get an offer from somewhere where I'd like to go then fail to get the grades because of bad marking or some stupid error :s-smilie: :frown:

Oh I would like to go to Japan too but I'll never have the time...:o:
Reply 1787
dafunkyguy
I know! They're so good!

I like the small ones too! You can eat them in one bite! It's just so good! :smile:

Now...we should talk about 茶餐廳! :biggrin:

Ah, I remember those, I was younger and my mum used to take me to them for breakfast, tastey! Havent been for so long, I want to go back to Hong Kong!
eimi
Damn 馬拉糕 too .. so many.. especially when its all soft and just cooked all steamy and fluffy... drool.

I know...it's fluffy and it smells so good!

Now I'm getting hungry. :biggrin:
Reply 1789
dafunkyguy

Oh it's a desert...I never have the dim sum deserts although sometimes I have egg tart :o:
I dunno what 'Malay cake' is either, I guess it's another dessert?

All of this dim sum chat has made me hungry...:shifty:
eimi
Ah, I remember those, I was younger and my mum used to take me to them for breakfast, tastey! Havent been for so long, I want to go back to Hong Kong!

Sigh...I wish I could visit 香港.

It's been a long time since I've been there.

It must have changed a lot since the last time I visited there.
Reply 1791
Hanoi
ECONOMICS (it's in my sig, I'm surprised you missed it :p: !)
Too bad about your Physics exam...I'm worried that I'll get an offer from somewhere where I'd like to go then fail to get the grades because of bad marking or some stupid error :s-smilie: :frown:

Oh I would like to go to Japan too but I'll never have the time...:o:

Damnsorry I'm so blind =.= thats probably why I lost my physics grade !
Yeh.. ._. In a way I'm kind of glad, because I have some free time to do stuff that I want (and to find a job:shifty:) but i'm so scared the yr 13s (like u :0) will have advantage because your fresh out of college etc.. so scared ._.

indeed.. Japan was .. awesome.. definitely the highlight of this gap year =.=
Reply 1792
Hanoi
Oh it's a desert...I never have the dim sum deserts although sometimes I have egg tart :o:

i'm super hungry now. ._.
Hanoi

Um...Hanoi...you can't eat deserts. You can eat desserts though. :p:

Yeah...I'm feeling hungry...though I finished my dinner not a long time ago. :frown:
Reply 1794
dafunkyguy
Sigh...I wish I could visit 香港.

It's been a long time since I've been there.

It must have changed a lot since the last time I visited there.

Ahh there must be more Chinese stores in Canada or seems tto be i dunno :P?

I'm missingthe food most XD
eimi
Yeh.. ._. In a way I'm kind of glad, because I have some free time to do stuff that I want (and to find a job:shifty:) but i'm so scared the yr 13s (like u :0) will have advantage because your fresh out of college etc.. so scared ._.

You're so lucky...you can visit 日本! I'm so envious!

I've been waiting for a long time to visit 東京! You should take me with you! :yep:
Reply 1796
dafunkyguy
You're so lucky...you can visit 日本! I'm so envious!

I've been longing to go to 東京! You should take me with you! :yep:

^^ I went earlier this Autumn.. but I plan to go again next year.. Tokyo is amazing.. and I love sushi .. gah..
Reply 1797
Well when I went to Toronto a few years ago the food there was pretty cheap compared to what you can get in London, and even the real cheapo restaurants weren't too bad. :o: And I'm surprised that you say that there are queues to get in (?), if there is thatmuch demand then surely some enterprising individuals would have started new restaurants.

eimi

Well I think that if you have already got the grades then the unis will be more willing to give you offers compared to Y13s who don't have A Levels yet because it won't be a conditional offer but an unconditional so they won't have to consider the risk that you miss the offer, they only have to consider the risk that you prefer to go elsewhere (which is not that important for them anyway).

I guess we would have an advantage in that our brains will only suffer rotting over the summer holiday whilst gappers will have 1.5 years of rotting! :P
eimi
Ahh there must be more Chinese stores in Canada or seems tto be i dunno :P?

I'm missingthe food most XD

Well...I can always visit Chinatown and get some goods from there.

There's a lot of Chinese restaurants here.

I can't wait to eat 臭豆腐 next time at the Night Market! :smile:
eimi
^^ I went earlier this Autumn.. but I plan to go again next year.. Tokyo is amazing.. and I love sushi .. gah..

Who wouldn't like 寿司? I personally like 炸蝦天婦羅手卷. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest