The Student Room Group

Chinese people, welcome! [中國人, 歡迎你!] [中国人, 欢迎你!]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1940
dafunkyguy
Oh...no wonder I forgot. :frown:

Well...you should stay here and chat with us! It would be lovely to have another member of the Chinese Society! Would you mind joining our society? :biggrin:

Haha =P

Of course I will. =P. I'm up late tonight revising my biology XD. T_T Hehe. So it's a FABULOUS time to procrastinate haha.

I joined the society last night =D!
linca2
Haha =P

Of course I will. =P. I'm up late tonight revising my biology XD. T_T Hehe. So it's a FABULOUS time to procrastinate haha.

I joined the society last night =D!

Ah...biology! It must be fun memorizing lots of notes! :rolleyes:

Yay...another member of the society! :five:
Reply 1942
dafunkyguy
Ah...biology! It must be fun memorizing lots of notes! :rolleyes:

Yay...another member of the society! :five:

Yeah. I bet you'd know all about that! haha. You're applying for medicine right? =D
linca2
Yeah. I bet you'd know all about that! haha. You're applying for medicine right? =D

Well...I'm actually not sure yet...but so far...it is my goal. :smile:
Reply 1944
linca2

Hehe I'm applying to Cambridge, Imperial, Nottingham and Liverpool. So far I have an interview with Cambriousidge. On Tuesday!! D=. XD Nothing else really.

Liverpool rejected me early November. But there was a mistake on my UCAS application so I should be getting reconsidered haha. Long story ... =D

My BMAT results were 6.1, 5.0, 12.0.

Congratulations on your offer! You're safe now!! =D I'm so jealous haha =P.

And it's such a huge coincidence that there are 3 BBCs here =P lol at ttoffee. Wink wink nudge nudge.

And maybe you should try the Nigerian flag next time. ^^

Wow you got an interview! Some guys who applied to Oxford at my school got rejected before interview for various courses so getting the interview is an acheivement in itself! I didn't apply to Cambridge and I don't know if I regretted not doing so or not but now I definitely don't regret not applying since all the people who have interviews will have to read up on their subject, read all the books they mentioned on their PS again (or for the first time!), do practice interview questions...lol:biggrin: I don't think I could cope with all of that. :o:

Yeah it's good to be safe and to know that you will at least go somewhere you want to go, especially since it's before the exam revision period it gives me some motivation to get as many 100% modules as I can so that I can be certain to acheive the offer in the summer modules...:biggrin:

I changed it back to the British one, it will cause less confusion (._.) :p:
Reply 1945
dafunkyguy
Well...I'm actually not sure yet...but so far...it is my goal. :smile:

Go for it! =D ^_______^ + oil! =D
Reply 1946
Hanoi
Wow you got an interview! Some guys who applied to Oxford at my school got rejected before interview for various courses so getting the interview is an acheivement in itself! I didn't apply to Cambridge and I don't know if I regretted not doing so or not but now I definitely don't regret not applying since all the people who have interviews will have to read up on their subject, read all the books they mentioned on their PS again (or for the first time!), do practice interview questions...lol:biggrin: I don't think I could cope with all of that. :o:

Yeah it's good to be safe and to know that you will at least go somewhere you want to go, especially since it's before the exam revision period it gives me some motivation to get as many 100% modules as I can so that I can be certain to acheive the offer in the summer modules...:biggrin:

I changed it back to the British one, it will cause less confusion (._.) :p:

Lol did you change what I said in the quote to Cambriousidge!? Haha you pleb =p. Oxford interview a far smaller proportion of candidates. I would love to get into Cambridge! =D Haha. Yes it's hard work, but it would be well worth it in the end! ^_______^ And no regrets anyway! You'll love university whereever you go! I'm sure of it.

I wish I was capable of getting full marks haha, but the truth is, I'm really not XD haha. Apart from in General Studies, but that really doesn't count for much D'=. Unforntunately haha.
Reply 1947
linca2
Lol did you change what I said in the quote to Cambriousidge!? Haha you pleb =p. Oxford interview a far smaller proportion of candidates. I would love to get into Cambridge! =D Haha. Yes it's hard work, but it would be well worth it in the end! ^_______^ And no regrets anyway! You'll love university whereever you go! I'm sure of it.

I wish I was capable of getting full marks haha, but the truth is, I'm really not XD haha. Apart from in General Studies, but that really doesn't count for much D'=. Unforntunately haha.

No I didn't change it I think my computer is a bit slow and I didn't realise I was typing in the quote...:o:

General studies is HARD, I'd much rather sit the FP2 paper instead of that Culture and Society (wtf :confused:) paper, you have to write some stupid essays and I hate that...:frown:
Anyway, at least it's seen as nothing more than a joke by the top unis, so there is no pressure.

What subjects are you doing? I'm guessing Chemistry, Biology, Maths, Further Maths (and Gen.Stud.), am I right?
linca2
Go for it! =D ^_______^ + oil! =D

謝謝! :p:

I hope you can get into Medicine as well! 加油! :biggrin:
Reply 1949
Hanoi
No I didn't change it I think my computer is a bit slow and I didn't realise I was typing in the quote...:o:

General studies is HARD, I'd much rather sit the FP2 paper instead of that Culture and Society (wtf :confused:) paper, you have to write some stupid essays and I hate that...:frown:
Anyway, at least it's seen as nothing more than a joke by the top unis, so there is no pressure.

What subjects are you doing? I'm guessing Chemistry, Biology, Maths, Further Maths (and Gen.Stud.), am I right?

I've never had a GS class in my life, but I still got full marks in modules at As. =X haha. XD Just different I guess.

I'm taking thos subjects but Physics as well =P so good guess. But I think it's pretty obvious when I'm a med applicant haha. I did Chinese for As too =P haha. =D

And you?
Reply 1950
Hanoi
What does the portfolio have to have? DT drawings? I used to do DT but I was terrible at that...:o:

Yeah I am applying for econ but I don't think I have a chance at LSE but I did get a UCL offer a few days ago and I wouldn't mind going there so I'm not really bothered if LSE reject me, I just added to chance my luck and I never really set my heart on going there. :biggrin:

artwork basically.. not really DT. some universities say "doing A level DT is a disadvantage" i was told this at liverpool uni's open day, and half the people in the hall was panic-ing (panicking xD?) afterwards... poor them =_="

Portfolio- ~to show your wide range of creative yet original and artistic skills, and ur individual personality through your art =_="... so like i'd send some like pen drawings, and paint, and model stuff of ANYTHING (and they requested one page of "my interpretation of my road").. yeh just to show different medias and techniques used ^^" ... and add in some digital photoshop image or something... it's all fun fun but very time consuming..

ahh congrats with the UCL offer :smile: i was gonna apply there!! (one of the best and well known unis for architecture) , but toooooo competitive- i couldn't risk it.. applied anywhere near the north west xD?
Reply 1951
星期2回中国了!:)
Tianbao

In Traditional Chinese:

你回中國啊? 祝你好運! :biggrin:

In Simplified Chinese:

你回中国啊? 祝你好运! :biggrin:
Reply 1953
ttoffee
artwork basically.. not really DT. some universities say "doing A level DT is a disadvantage" i was told this at liverpool uni's open day, and half the people in the hall was panic-ing (panicking xD?) afterwards... poor them =_="

Portfolio- ~to show your wide range of creative yet original and artistic skills, and ur individual personality through your art =_="... so like i'd send some like pen drawings, and paint, and model stuff of ANYTHING (and they requested one page of "my interpretation of my road").. yeh just to show different medias and techniques used ^^" ... and add in some digital photoshop image or something... it's all fun fun but very time consuming..

ahh congrats with the UCL offer :smile: i was gonna apply there!! (one of the best and well known unis for architecture) , but toooooo competitive- i couldn't risk it.. applied anywhere near the north west xD?

That sounds like a lot of scary hard work! o_O :eek:

You should have applied to somewhere in London! It's a great place for a student to live lots of stuff is happening here... but I guess it's also quite expensive, I'm not sure how I'm going to manage living in central London as a student, going by my most optimistic prediction, I'll have enough money for a month before I'll go bankrupt...:woo: :p:

Ehhh the most northern place I applied to was Warwick which really isn't 'the north', but the best unis for my subject aren't in the north so I didn't really consider it plus it would be so cold aswell, didn't everywhere north of Nottingham get covered in snow a few days ago? :biggrin: Where have you applied? I have heard that Bath is good for Architecture, they sent me an offer for econ but I don't think I'll be going there. :o:

(lol it's so typical, the Chinese topic has turned into a uni talk topic....oh dear!XD)

Tianbao

Hey :biggrin:
Why are you going back to China? It is holiday for uni students already? :eek:
Are you an international student in London?
Hanoi
That sounds like a lot of scary hard work! o_O :eek:

You should have applied to somewhere in London! It's a great place for a student to live lots of stuff is happening here... but I guess it's also quite expensive, I'm not sure how I'm going to manage living in central London as a student, going by my most optimistic prediction, I'll have enough money for a month before I'll go bankrupt...:woo: :p:

Ehhh the most northern place I applied to was Warwick which really isn't 'the north', but the best unis for my subject aren't in the north so I didn't really consider it plus it would be so cold aswell, didn't everywhere north of Nottingham get covered in snow a few days ago? :biggrin: Where have you applied? I have heard that Bath is good for Architecture, they sent me an offer for econ but I don't think I'll be going there. :o:

(lol it's so typical, the Chinese topic has turned into a uni talk topic....oh dear!XD)

Well...I actually want to study overseas in the UK...but I don't think I can afford the expensive tuition fees and the quality of life in London. It's just too much! However...I still want to pursue this dream. :yep:

Yeah...the Chinese Society has turned into a thread about university admissions and offers! Let's change topics! :p:
hi, everyone^^
dafunkyguy
Yay! 薇薇公主...you're back!

I added some new songs! However...the PV for FOCUS doesn't work...because Sony Music Japan took it down. :frown:

I also added a drama called 流星の絆. This is a new Japanese drama in which 中島美嘉 plays a small role. She's pretty good in acting! You should definitely watch it! :smile:

I put the new PV for ORION by 中島美嘉. It's based on the drama and it is used as the closing theme of the drama! I think you'll like it. :yep:

Other than that...HOME MADE 家族 has a new PV called Come Back Home. Be sure to watch that as well!

Enjoy! :biggrin:

yes, i really enjoy them! excellent songs! thank you, dafunkyguy.:biggrin:
Hanoi

Wow another year 13 BBC...that makes at least 3 of us...^o^
Where are you applying? I don't know much about architecture courses. Have you got any offers yet? :smile:

hiiii xp
Just randomly joined this thread xp!
Its now at least 4 of us xp Me another year 13 BBC haha!
Also applyin to economics as well same as you!!
ummm yea.... hi =))) I'm Carrie ^_^! Nice to meet you all ar!
Original post by &#34183
yes, i really enjoy them! excellent songs! thank you, dafunkyguy.:biggrin:

Yay...薇薇公主 is back again!

I'm happy that you like them. However...the PV "FOCUS" is so hard to find. It's like impossible! I guess it's because it is only available in the album...and it's not broadcasted on television yet...maybe that's why.

As for the other new songs...I'm happy that you really like it. That makes me so delighted! :yep:
littlebee2
hiiii xp
Just randomly joined this thread xp!
Its now at least 4 of us xp Me another year 13 BBC haha!
Also applyin to economics as well same as you!!
ummm yea.... hi =))) I'm Carrie ^_^! Nice to meet you all ar!

Welcome littlebee2! Nice to meet you!

It's all right if you just randomly joined this thread...everyone is welcomed here! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest