The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Those doing Measure for Measure might be a bit late but this book is very good:

http://www.play.com/Books/Books/4-/1796083/Measure-for-Measure/Product.html
Reply 21
Terryw
You guys are doing LTA 5 and 6, i am doing LTB 5 and 6. Thank God i sorted that out, i was in a panic lol

so was i!! :s-smilie:.
Reply 22
Terryw
If your doing LTB then your Synoptic is on Wednesday 11th June. Not this Friday.
This Friday is for the play you studied and poems.

lmao no im doing LTA, what had me worried was you telling us the synoptic is next week :p: coz iv been cramming for that one!! haha
Reply 23
Terryw
Oh, hahaha well good luck anyway :biggrin:

lmao thanks, you too :p:
Reply 24
For some reason I'm actually feeling worse about the WW1 synoptic (Friday :p:) than Measure for Measure / Lyrical Ballads, although I'm probably better on WW1.

I'll be okay for the part a) question but I'm worried about b) because my wider reading is woefully inadequate, so I need to get as many quotes and ideas in my head as I can by friday. :s-smilie: I have Regeneration by Pat Barker but I haven't read it yet - can anyone who's read it tell me whether it's worth hastily reading at such a late stage?

After that I'll be focusing on Measure for Measure / Lyrical Ballads. I'm going to read both through again and make more notes mainly on themes, and try to remember some quotes. Damned closed book exams!
I have War in Lit on Friday as well! I'm feeling ok about it. I went to a revision sesh today and realised I actually know more than I thought I did!

I've got Hamlet and Shelley on Wednesday! Not looking forward to that one!
Reply 26
Does any one have any idea what this exam is going to be on this year? like the poems or extracts or even the question? because for my as module for spies someone seemed to know the exact question!!!! mmmm forgot to thank them for that!!! but if any one knows it would be greatly appreciated????
Reply 27
carta123
Does any one have any idea what this exam is going to be on this year? like the poems or extracts or even the question? because for my as module for spies someone seemed to know the exact question!!!! mmmm forgot to thank them for that!!! but if any one knows it would be greatly appreciated????

well it depends, what is your exam on?

omg you did spies? i had to do that twice :rolleyes:
Reply 28
some usefull qoutes would be nice too
i need examples typical of women poetry, like the reminicing and the sense of loss
and then typical male poetry in the early period of the 1st world war like Brooke and John McCrae, you know like the patriotic depictions
then i also need the grusome depictions that are typical in the latter stages of ww1 poetry like form Owen and Sassoon and Rosenberg
any thing else that i have missed aswell would be good!!!
I had to do that twice as well! God I hated that book but this sessions questions seemed really good!
Reply 30
o sorry my exam is the war texts, poetry and prose thing! sorry i dont really know what the exact title is! its the a2 one
and spies was easy i had to do wise children twice before i decided to change to spies!
Reply 31
carta123
o sorry my exam is the war texts, poetry and prose thing! sorry i dont really know what the exact title is! its the a2 one
and spies was easy i had to do wise children twice before i decided to change to spies!

lol i think this thread was origionally on the unit 6 exam, i just got confused coz everyone has been talking about their other exams too lol!!

how did you do in spies then?

and i dont think there is really any way you can guess what the synoptic is gonna be on im afraid :s-smilie:
Reply 32
lulu_dudette
I had to do that twice as well! God I hated that book but this sessions questions seemed really good!

so did you do this summer and last jan or something? which questions did you answer on it?

haha i got a U first time :sad: and then a B second time :p:
Reply 33
carta123
some usefull qoutes would be nice too
i need examples typical of women poetry, like the reminicing and the sense of loss
and then typical male poetry in the early period of the 1st world war like Brooke and John McCrae, you know like the patriotic depictions
then i also need the grusome depictions that are typical in the latter stages of ww1 poetry like form Owen and Sassoon and Rosenberg
any thing else that i have missed aswell would be good!!!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=12656635#post12656635

better get started, there are 33 pages there :p:
No I did it in Jan last year and then June last year! I hate that book with a passion now!
Got an E first time and a B next time lol
Reply 36
ahhh ok then lol!! i did it jan last year and june last year too ! haha which questions did you answer? i did the one on children in jan and the one on the book ending in june :p:
errrrrrrrr no idea from Jan but I did the extract in June!
Reply 38
markdr
For some reason I'm actually feeling worse about the WW1 synoptic (Friday :p:) than Measure for Measure / Lyrical Ballads, although I'm probably better on WW1.

I'll be okay for the part a) question but I'm worried about b) because my wider reading is woefully inadequate, so I need to get as many quotes and ideas in my head as I can by friday. :s-smilie: I have Regeneration by Pat Barker but I haven't read it yet - can anyone who's read it tell me whether it's worth hastily reading at such a late stage?

After that I'll be focusing on Measure for Measure / Lyrical Ballads. I'm going to read both through again and make more notes mainly on themes, and try to remember some quotes. Damned closed book exams!

Hi i'm doing the WW1 synoptic and Hamlet and Lyrical Ballads. I've read Pat Barker's Regeneration and it was probably the best war novel i've read - it's just shows what it was like at Craiglockhart. My teacher told me that you don't have to be able to quote from other sources you just have to be able to reference to them! If this is true if we get a text which shows mental disturbance because of war we can reference to Regeneration and just say what they both show. Personally i think you would be better just reading a summary of the novel and looking at other literature so you have a wider knowledge to cross reference to. Hope this helps :s I really wish the other paper wasn't closed book! I don't know any quotes for it yet and i really need to reread Lyrical Ballads :frown: what themes are you going to focus on for them?
Reply 39
hayleyk
Get the Hamlet york notes.
I def have ww1 on friday and unit4 the next week. I have a nasty combo of lyrical ballads and hamlet; feeling okay for hamlet but lyrical ballads not at all.

Check out this thread for AMAZING tips and stuff on war writing
But don't depend on it obviously :wink:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=239939

Hi i have hamlet and lyrical ballads as well and i'm really not looking forward to lyrical ballads either! Thank you so much for pointing out this thread to me its sooo good :smile:

Latest