The Student Room Group

Biology Paper 1 Edexcel 2019

how did every one find the Exam???

Scroll to see replies

thought it was easy until i came home and realised that you times by 1000 n not divide for converting measurements when getting smaller.
Reply 2
Was that the magnification question where it gave you the micrograms to picograms as 1 to 1000?
Original post by kate_howard_1
thought it was easy until i came home and realised that you times by 1000 n not divide for converting measurements when getting smaller.
yeah, it should have been 6.5/50,000 which gives u an answer. Multiply it by 10 (i divided) then by 1000.
Reply 4
lens x?
can someone produce a mark scheme, what did you guys talk about for the 6 marker and what did you say about the optimum temp experiment
yeah i got that n it was concave.
Original post by RyanJA
lens x?
Reply 7
what was the beads one?
Reply 8
Original post by nicole123444xxx
can someone produce a mark scheme, what did you guys talk about for the 6 marker and what did you say about the optimum temp experiment

6 marker 1 i said that you can use condoms or get screened to see if you have any stis and that since 2010 there’s been rapid increase in men which leads to a greater rate of increase

6 marker 2 infilled in the punnet square and said there was 25% chance and that the o allele is recessive, a and b are both dominant
haha the gonorrhoea questions i put about like using a condom as a barrier to prevent spread of bodily fluids, femidoms, anti-bacterial wash. Then put that like it's vital it stops because it can cause super gonorrhoea if more people keep getting it.
Original post by nicole123444xxx
forgot what the questions were lmao.
Original post by Snowwee
what was the beads one?
Original post by RyanJA
lens x?

I put that
Is this higher?
Multiple choice q
RNA polymerase
0.0083s-1
Oxygen and chlorophyll
Eukarya
That’s all I remember
the mitosis one i talked about how one produces 2 identical cells n the other produces 4 with genetic variation. Mitosis produces 2 diploid n other produces 4 haploid gametes. Mitosis is used for asexual n meiosis is for sexual.
What did you say for the last question
What about the first one which solution
Original post by HuManPerSon1234
Multiple choice q
RNA polymerase
0.0083s-1
Oxygen and chlorophyll
Eukarya
erm the impulse goes to the end of the neurone which causes neurotransmitters to be released. They diffuse (definition) across the gap and trigger an electrical impulse in the other neurone.
Original post by Lella99x
What did you say for the last question
Reply 19
Oh ffs I forgot to mention about the cells being haploid and diploid
Original post by kate_howard_1
the mitosis one i talked about how one produces 2 identical cells n the other produces 4 with genetic variation. Mitosis produces 2 diploid n other produces 4 haploid gametes. Mitosis is used for asexual n meiosis is for sexual.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending