The Student Room Group

GCSE Edexcel English lang grade boundaries

I'm wondering if anyone is able to shed some light on my current situation. I am in year 11 sitting my gcse exams and have the feeling that English language has gone sideways. I did well in both of my mocks (and am predicted an 8), but on the day my words were just not flowing well and I definitely don't the think the paper reflects my true ability. I answered every question but I'm unsure if I used enough reference to the text. This being said, what are the likely hood of lower grade boundaries this year (for Edexcel in particular). I NEED at least a 5 in language, which looks to be around 94 marks give or take, and would like to know anyones else's opinions??
Reply 1
Original post by Lexiegrace101
I'm wondering if anyone is able to shed some light on my current situation. I am in year 11 sitting my gcse exams and have the feeling that English language has gone sideways. I did well in both of my mocks (and am predicted an 8), but on the day my words were just not flowing well and I definitely don't the think the paper reflects my true ability. I answered every question but I'm unsure if I used enough reference to the text. This being said, what are the likely hood of lower grade boundaries this year (for Edexcel in particular). I NEED at least a 5 in language, which looks to be around 94 marks give or take, and would like to know anyones else's opinions??

Same for english language i don't think i was able to showcase all my abilities as i kind of rushed section A paper 1 but the grade boundries i assume would be similar to the 2019 one but idk we will see
Original post by Lexiegrace101

same i did loads of practice for paper 1 but i knew that i didnt do as well as i couldve idk what happened
im hoping it doesnt go higher than 2019s cos its already higher than 2017 and 2018

Quick Reply

Latest