The Student Room Group

Biology Paper 1 Edexcel 2019

Scroll to see replies

The more beads there were then the faster the rate because it breaks down faster
Original post by Snowwee
what was the beads one?
Reply 41
Original post by Amrinder27
Wtf are you on about they give you the deaths you just multiply it by 0.15%

0.15% die who get it and they gave you the deaths. I thought you had to find the total population that get measles?
Do you know the test for pH? It's similar to that but with the water baths instead of different pHs.
Original post by nicole123444xxx
can someone produce a mark scheme, what did you guys talk about for the 6 marker and what did you say about the optimum temp experiment
i think, or something along those lines cant remember the orginally number but it was that times 10 to get 1.5percent which was like 1,34millon or something , *10 to get 13.4 mill or something * 3 to get like 29. something mill and then divided by 3 to get 10 percent, then times answer by 10 to get 100 percent which was like 89.5 millon which in stan form is like 8.95*10 8 or something cant rember answer
Original post by Lella99x
What was the awnser for the 0.15% population one and how do you do it

Original post by AuTalon
Times the 0.15% by 10.
Makes it 15%
Divide 15% by 3
5% times 20 = 100%

I think
yeah ur right lmao its like 89 millon
Original post by AuTalon
0.15% die who get it and they gave you the deaths. I thought you had to find the total population that get measles?
Original post by AxelB
Was that the magnification question where it gave you the micrograms to picograms as 1 to 1000?

it was 65,000
Reply 46
I put Y I think
Original post by kate_howard_1
erm starch was blue black and then NOT protein was blue.
but it asked you in ratio which was like 1:3 and i swear you have to talk about homozgous as well, also for the punnit sqaure did u get
B O
A AB A
O B O
Original post by the_icy_goldfish
25% for each and one was blood type AB as they are co-dominant also both parents had to be heterozygous because if their child was O and A and B are dominant over O then the child must have both O alleles. Also for filling out the square, the alleles must be written in i to the power of A and i to the power of B and so on. Also just add definitions of things like recessive and dominant etc.
but it was in ratio and i dont think you need to the power n all that
25% for each and one was blood type AB as they are co-dominant also both parents had to be heterozygous because if their child was O and A and B are dominant over O then the child must have both O alleles. Also for filling out the square, the alleles must be written in i to the power of A and i to the power of B and so on. Also just add definitions of things like recessive and dominant etc.
I think for the s to the power of -1 the answer was 0.21 or something because you had to divide the balls by the second and that was like 0.208 because it was grams second to the -1 which is the same as balls divided by seconds.

Also, what was the chlorophyll questions? I thought it was what plants release and that carbon dioxide, unless I'm thinking about the wrong questions XD
Original post by HuManPerSon1234
Multiple choice q
RNA polymerase
0.0083s-1
Oxygen and chlorophyll
Eukarya
Probably can be in ratio or percentage, and for blood type you to need the "to the power of" because thats how it is written for alleles of blood. Don't know why though but it says in the textbook
Original post by lilskeet69
but it was in ratio and i dont think you need to the power n all that
I think for the s to the power of -1 the answer was 0.21 or something because you had to divide the balls by the second and that was like 0.208 because it was grams second to the -1 which is the same as balls divided by seconds.

Also, what was the chlorophyll questions? I thought it was what plants release and that carbon dioxide, unless I'm thinking about the wrong questions XD

Plants take in co2 and realise oxygen
omg did it actually ask ratio? I thought it was probability! OOps. Also, yeah I talked about homozygous. And yeah I got that for my punnet square too.
but it asked you in ratio which was like 1:3 and i swear you have to talk about homozgous as well, also for the punnit sqaure did u get
B O
A AB A
O B O
Probably can be in ratio or percentage, and for blood type you to need the "to the power of" because thats how it is written for alleles of blood. Don't know why though but it says in the textbook

Revision guide I don’t think it does but maybe ur right someone will make an official mark scheme I think the 6 markers were quite easy this year tho
do you think grade boundaries are going to be high?

yh I got the same =)
1) If you times it by 0.15 if will give you 15% which isnt right

2) The questions said that 0.15% cases resulted in deaths and there were around 300000 deaths? (cant remember tbh) meaning that 0.15%=300000

3) this means that you need to make 0.15 into 100 (%) and whatever you do, do the same to the 300000

4) so you need to divide 300000 by 15 then x10000 and thats the answer!
Original post by Amrinder27
Wtf are you on about they give you the deaths you just multiply it by 0.15%
Ikr I feel like the grade boundaries are going to completely shift or paper 2 is gonna be frickin hard
Revision guide I don’t think it does but maybe ur right someone will make an official mark scheme I think the 6 markers were quite easy this year tho
You x100 to make it 15%
0.15 x 10 = 1.5

also you could have divided by 15 then x10000
Original post by AuTalon
Times the 0.15% by 10.
Makes it 15%
Divide 15% by 3
5% times 20 = 100%

I think
lol I don't understand your method at all but i got the same answer :smile:
i think, or something along those lines cant remember the orginally number but it was that times 10 to get 1.5percent which was like 1,34millon or something , *10 to get 13.4 mill or something * 3 to get like 29. something mill and then divided by 3 to get 10 percent, then times answer by 10 to get 100 percent which was like 89.5 millon which in stan form is like 8.95*10 8 or something cant rember answer

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending