The Student Room Group

Biology Paper 1 Edexcel 2019

Scroll to see replies

i made it up. i wrote that theres a shorter distance for impulses to travel to get to the brain so they dont need to be sped up using myelin sheaths. its probs wrong anyways
Original post by bossman765
what did u lot say for why brain neurones dont need to by myleniated
Reply 81
i got 1.3 picometres
Original post by AuTalon
Was it 130nm for that cell size conversion one?
what did u lot say for why brain neurones dont need to by myleniated

Mylein sheath speeds up transmission speads which are needed for those in the reflex arc to react quickly whereas those in the brain don't need to react quickly as they're bypassed in the reflex arc
oh so its more energy efficient for them not have mylein sheath, that acc makes sense i said there is a snapse after brain neuron, so the mylein sheath is not needed whereas the motor neuron goes straight to effector, without a synapse so its myleniated but i think u r right
Original post by haleema_123
i made it up. i wrote that theres a shorter distance for impulses to travel to get to the brain so they dont need to be sped up using myelin sheaths. its probs wrong anyways
omg yhh i didnt write that :frown:
Original post by SchmuckOff
Mylein sheath speeds up transmission speads which are needed for those in the reflex arc to react quickly whereas those in the brain don't need to react quickly as they're bypassed in the reflex arc
for the 0.15% question, i divided the 30,000 (or whatever that number was) by 0.15 to get 1% then multiplied by 100 to get 100%
(edited 4 years ago)
no im wrong lol
oh so its more energy efficient for them not have mylein sheath, that acc makes sense i said there is a snapse after brain neuron, so the mylein sheath is not needed whereas the motor neuron goes straight to effector, without a synapse so its myleniated but i think u r right
Reply 87
aayyyyyy yes i put that too!
Original post by SchmuckOff
put that as well
Original post by Lrl456
aayyyyyy yes i put that too!
Original post by Lella99x
Is this higher?

yeh g
Ye
Original post by RyanJA
lens x?

YYe
no because the 300000 is equal to the 0.15% so why would you times it if its equal?
Original post by Lukebates99
Can’t u just times by 0.0015?
Original post by kate_howard_1
yeah, it should have been 6.5/50,000 which gives u an answer. Multiply it by 10 (i divided) then by 1000.

**** i did 6.6
Reply 93
What did you say for the last question

The neurons release a chemical neurotransmitter which allows the neuron to be passed across the synapse. Erm something like that but elaborated
The original amount x 0.015 = the number it gave

The original amount = the number it gave/ 0.015

I think that’s how, I did it wrong but I think that’s right
What was the awnser for the 0.15% population one and how do you do it
Reply 95
Couple of Answers: Meiosis produces 4 genetically different gametes. These are haploid cells. Mitosis produces two genetically identical daughter diploid cells.
Bacterium cell has cell wall, flagellum and chromosomal DNA.
Cones
Normal vision is when the light rays are focused on to the retina
Lens X to cure short sightedness as the light rays are focused in front of the retina.
Cerebrum.
Vaccination produces memory lymphocytes which produces the antibodies that attach onto the antigens of the pathogen.
Antibiotic resistance is when the bacteria develop this characteristic from mutations in their DNA. Chracteristic passed onto the future generations and new offspring.
Myelin sheath acts as an electrical insulator to speed up electrical impulses which is useful in quick responses to a stimuli, for example touching a hot object.
Synapse is the connection between two neurones, which causes chemicals called neurotransmitters to be released. They help the impulses flow in one direction and pass the electrical impulses from the sensory to relay and the relay to motor neurone.
1.3 for magnification.
3.1 for halpoid nucleus.
Add Benedict reagent to a food sample and heat in water bath at 75 degrees. Blue to brick red.
4.8 rate of reaction.
8.95 X 10^7( people got to the power of 8, but 89500000 is to the power of 7).
Other standard form was to the power of 8.
Gonnorhoea caused by the transfer of bodily fluids, for example semen and vaginal. Avoid sharing unsterilised needles, men wearing a condom when having sex, female protection and isolation for individuals to avoid sexual contact. Men infection rate much higher than women.

A and B dominant and 25% chance likely child will have a blood type 0. 0 is a recessive blood type and two of these will need to be expressed in the genotype for it to be expressed.
(edited 4 years ago)
ngl you know you put flagellum for bacteria, not all bacteria have flagellum, so its osmetimes not on markshemes, its a risky bet man
and i think yo can put cereberum or cereberal cortext same thing, and i got that same as u for the others

Original post by AP5461
Couple of Answers: Meiosis produces 4 genetically different gametes. These are haploid cells. Mitosis produces two genetically identical daughter diploid cells.
Bacterium cell has cell wall, flagellum and chromosomal DNA.
Cones
Normal vision is when the light rays are focused on to the retina
Lens X to cure short sightedness as the light rays are focused in front of the retina.
Cerebrum.
Vaccination produces memory lymphocytes which produces the antibodies that attach onto the antigens of the pathogen.
Antibiotic resistance is when the bacteria develop this characteristic from mutations in their DNA. Chracteristic passed onto the future generations and new offspring.
Myelin sheath acts as an electrical insulator to speed up electrical impulses which is useful in quick responses to a stimuli, for example touching a hot object.
Synapse is the connection between two neurones, which causes chemicals called neurotransmitters to be released. They help the impulses flow in one direction and pass the electrical impulses from the sensory to relay and the relay to motor neurone.
1.3 for magnification.
3.1 for halpoid nucleus.
Add Benedict reagent to a food sample and heat in water bath at 75 degrees. Blue to brick red.
4.8 rate of reaction.
8.95 X 10^7( people got to the power of 8, but 89500000 is to the power of 7).
Other standard form was to the power of 8.
Gonnorhoea caused by the transfer of bodily fluids, for example semen and vaginal. Avoid sharing unsterilised needles, men wearing a condom when having sex, female protection and isolation for individuals to avoid sexual contact. Men infection rate much higher than women.

A and B dominant and 25% chance likely child will have a blood type 0. 0 is a recessive blood type and two of these will need to be expressed in the genotype for it to be expressed.
Reply 97
you can use flagellum for bacteria cus a vast majority do it will be on the mark scheme
ngl you know you put flagellum for bacteria, not all bacteria have flagellum, so its osmetimes not on markshemes, its a risky bet man
and i think yo can put cereberum or cereberal cortext same thing, and i got that same as u for the others
i looked at some markschemes and it says ignore flagellum
Original post by Lrl456
you can use flagellum for bacteria cus a vast majority do it will be on the mark scheme
Can someone give all the questions they csn remember plz from that exam

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending