The Student Room Group

Anybody out there doing WJEC Welsh second language?

Or am I all alone?
Reply 1
EducatingBrogan
Or am I all alone?

ohhh me :smile:
although it's a bit late now i guess haha
exam tomorrow, so not ready for it :frown:
Reply 2
Well, how'd you find it? :smile:
Reply 3
It was okay, excpet for poetry part a and b, I'm glad they're only 10 marks each though. I just found it impossible to revise all that content for every single poem!
Grammar was alright though :smile:
How did you find it?
Reply 4
In the grammar, I didn't know what "cynhaliwyd" meant but knew it was past tense so decided to be clever and write, "cynhaliwyd y peth ddoe"

So yeah, the thing was held yesterday according to me :wink:

The only two poems I even slightly knew were Hon and Cymru, so that was a relief. I'd spent so much bloody time on revising them though that my grammar and synoptic went out the window.
I only wrote a page and a half for the synoptic. Some members of my class were halfway through their second booklet.

I'm doomed, really :frown:
Reply 5
Hahah! I struggled with some of the translations, cos I didn't know how to say "everything" (What is it by the way? I'll probably kick myself ha), or "move" :frown: and move came up twice didn't it! Grr. I actually put those words in English.
Ahhh you're lucky, I literally had no idea for a or b, and I could only think of 3 themes for the synoptic, but even then I didn't write anything on Cymru, just the other poems cos I couldn't remember Cymru.
Woah second booklet!? I only needed the 1. Nobody in my class had an extra booklet so you may not need to worry :wink:
How did you find the stories and trawseithu last week?
Reply 6
Everything= popeth. Don't worry, a few people wrote "something" instead in my class.

And I don't mean to make you feel worse, but move (symud) was in one of the joining sentences in question 3 :s it's the only reason I remembered it.

Last week... well Derfydd Aur was a blessing, that and Pe Bai were the two I really knew. Bit gutted I didn't get to write about Robyn and his chocolate eclairs (ohhh, ga i un arall, Mam?!) hahahahahaha but it went OK. I'm glad siomi came up too, it was the only thing I could think of an example for in practice essays.

The trawseithu? Is that the letter? (I'm not very good with Welsh words, in fact) um... bit of a silly article in that there was nothing to react to that strongly. If they'd done a report on some horrific examples of child abuse, maybe it would have provoked a stronger opinion, I dunno.
Managed to claim I plan to do volunteer work on helplines after my exams though, haha bit of sucking up to the examiners there :wink: I'm kind and caring I swear...
Reply 7
Hey =)
I Know It's A Bit Late,
But I Do Welsh Second Language Too =)

I Thought The Exams Were Okay =)
Thought The Grammar Went Quite Well Tbh
& Was Happy It Was Cymru Because I KneW That And Hon The Best =)

What You Planning On Doing NExt Year?
Reply 8
See the signature :smile:

I'm glad Cymru came up too, and find myself wishing the stori and arddull were actually worth a bit more! For all I revised them, I'm proud that I remembered what to write, but they're only worth a max 10 marks each.

Gahhh!

Lol, in the grammar when it said "Pan welais i"

I wrote "Pan welais i bod ddim rhaid i mi ysgrifennu am y gerdd "Gwerth" yn yr arholiad hon, roeddwn i'n llawen"

I appreciate that the grammar there may be rubbish, but at least I got my message across :wink:
Reply 9
Yeah, The Fact They're Only Worth 10 Marks Sucks!

I Think The Answers Are Worth At Least 20 Marks :smile: Haha!

Aw Loving The Way You Got That Message Across Lol!
I Had Loads For Gwerth Mind, So Wouldn't Have Been The End Of The World If It Came Up!

My Welsh Teacher Predicted That It Would Probably Be Hon Or Cymru
So I Was Happy!
She Got The As One From Last Year Right Too!
& The Story! =)
She's Got A Talent For It Haha!

The Ones Where It Was Like 'Pen welais i'
I Had Done With My Welsh Teacher The Day Before, I Was Like Woop! :smile:
So Was Happy With That!

All Your Exams Finished Now?
Reply 10
Nope, Saesneg a Ddrama i fynd :frown: Beth amdanat ti?
Reply 11
Aw No! Gaay!

Rydw i wedi gorffen heddiw gyda Bioleg! =)
Dw i'n hapus nawr! =)

Fy mhenblwydd ar Dydd Sul! =)

Woop!
Reply 12
Is welsh second language hard if you got an a/a* at gcse? cos im taking as next year a year early
Reply 13
Kelly .. x
Aw No! Gaay!

Rydw i wedi gorffen heddiw gyda Bioleg! =)
Dw i'n hapus nawr! =)

Fy mhenblwydd ar Dydd Sul! =)

Woop!

D'ya think I'll be frowned upon for having written the words "poen yn y pen ol" during my ca5 "cael eich siomi" question? hahahahaha
Reply 14
Lmao!

Umm I Don't See Why You Should Be?!
You're Showing What They Asked For Aren't You!

Was Soo Happy With That Question Haha! =)
Okay so I know I'm years late but I'm new so hopefully yarl can see this. Guys doing 2014 Welsh AS second language exam, what poems do you think will come up! I need major help please
Original post by Aimee2011
Okay so I know I'm years late but I'm new so hopefully yarl can see this. Guys doing 2014 Welsh AS second language exam, what poems do you think will come up! I need major help please

Hi, I'm in exactly in the same position as you, I can't find anyone who's doing it😩
Anyway, I think it could be Ailgylchu or Diwrnod y gêm Genedlaethol. What do you think?
Good luck😄
Original post by maya_jadee
Hi, I'm in exactly in the same position as you, I can't find anyone who's doing it������
Anyway, I think it could be Ailgylchu or Diwrnod y gêm Genedlaethol. What do you think?
Good luck������
Yeah I looked at all the past ones and I was thinking Ailgylchu or Diwrnod y gêm Genedlaethol too but I don't want to revise a shortlist and then the examiners put in a random one that I haven't revise :s-smilie:
Original post by Aimee2011
Yeah I looked at all the past ones and I was thinking Ailgylchu or Diwrnod y gêm Genedlaethol too but I don't want to revise a shortlist and then the examiners put in a random one that I haven't revise :s-smilie:

I'm learning an answer which could be used for all of the poems but I'm going to change the quotes dependent on which one we have, getting worried for Friday now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending