The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level Chemistry 2019 Paper 2 June 11th 2019 Unofficial Mark Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kekedoyouloveme?
circled the ester then i did a circle within a circle then i got pissed and just mad circled it so the examiner is gonna be like wtf is she circling?
i said it was the ch3 near the ester, ester is a singlet and the relative area was 3 so it had like 3 hydrogens and it was next to an ester which didnt split...

The benzene ring is a singlet
What’s going to be on the paper today
Original post by Munrhe
Ah, I thought we had to do the whole flavanol structure and somehow make an Easter out of it
Original post by Cheesus69
what about ethanal if the ethanol doesnt completely oxidise

Aldehydes are more easily oxidized than alcohols, so I’d assume that if ethanol was oxidized to ethanal, it would immediately be oxidized to ethanoic acid.
Reply 183
what was the answer to the one where it said why does k increase as a catalyst is added
Yeah, an ester would result in a COOH group and an OH group, an ether would result in 2 OH groups
Original post by RickHendricks
bruh that was an ether not an ester lol
Original post by D.Duck
what was the answer to the one where it said why does k increase as a catalyst is added

I said lower Ea increases lnk, as seen from arrhenius equation, meaning k increases
How about k is proportional to rate, hence rate increase means k increases ?
Original post by DragonsOfAsshai
I said lower Ea increases lnk, as seen from arrhenius equation, meaning k increases

Original post by Yẽncgf
How about k is proportional to rate, hence rate increase means k increases ?

yes and yes
we're thinking in the same way!!!! i got a trial and diol!!!! and that was what my chemistry teacher thought first when he first saw the question!! i knew it's not right because the smell defi is for ester but the qs says what 'could' form, so i'd say we can get 1-2 marks somehow!!!
Original post by azozarmen
For the flavan-3-ol question I got ethanoic acid, ethanal (although it is immediately oxidised), flavyl ethanoate, a flavyl triol (don't know how to name it) and a few different esters based on the triol. Sound correct?
and my teacher said some ether does have sweetish smell but not rlly describing as fruity smell.
anyways finger crossed that we can get some marks!!!
Original post by azozarmen
Yeah, an ester would result in a COOH group and an OH group, an ether would result in 2 OH groups
i wrote as catalyst provides alternate path with low activation energy , so more particles have energy equal or more to Ea so more successful collision per unit time , rate increases and as k and rate are directly proprtional k also increases.
Original post by D.Duck
My teacher said there was something like enantiomers included it but I found your answer more reasonable.
Original post by Kategrinding
My teacher said there was something like enantiomers included it but I found your answer more reasonable.

for what question?
what kind of shape did people get for the graph? Bit late but i was thinking about it and i think i did it wrong mine was a straight line from bottom left to top right
How are you guys revising for paper 3?
Think mine started from the top left and finished in the bottom right.
Original post by laca123
what kind of shape did people get for the graph? Bit late but i was thinking about it and i think i did it wrong mine was a straight line from bottom left to top right
Does anyone even have the paper?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending