The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level Chemistry 2019 Paper 2 June 11th 2019 Unofficial Mark Scheme

Scroll to see replies

How did you calculate this? Did you get mass of propane to be somewhere in the 40s?
Original post by za1341
it was the ideal gas equation question

Original post by WASSSJA
yeh thats right i subbed it back into check
Reply 41
lol no mate it was volume u just work out moles and times by 24
moles for 100 percent
Original post by Beamomom
How did you calculate this? Did you get mass of propane to be somewhere in the 40s?
I got 0.173g for the mass of carbon
14.7/0.31 = 47.419–> which is the required mass of propane if you have a 31% yield and make 14.7g of the other thing. From there just calculate moles of propane then multiply by 24. Can someone explain what is wrong with this ?
Original post by WASSSJA
lol no mate it was volume u just work out moles and times by 24
moles for 100 percent
Original post by Munrhe
Anyone any idea about the flavanol structure of the Ester that we were meant to draw?

The poropanal in the question oxidised to carbonxylic acid. Carbonxylic acid will produce ester with alcohol, Flavanol, there are 4 structure of alcohol which are 4 optical isomer made from 2 chiral carbon that we found at the beginning
How did people find it ...I felt like it was quite different to previous past papers. I am actually pissed there didn’t put any organic synthetics question. Like I spent ages revising those😭!
Reply 46
14.7/0.31 = 47.419–> which is the required mass of propane if you have a 31% yield and make 14.7g of the other thing. From there just calculate moles of propane then multiply by 24. Can someone explain what is wrong with this ?

yeh i did that

The 47 one, because the mass required is the mass that should be produced, which is the expected mass
For the activation energy I got 58kj? Would this still be fine ?
Original post by slily
got the same except the volume as 9.6 dm3 and 0.173g for mass.

(Original post by Beamomom)118 for MR
27.3 dm^3 volume
60.3% for yield
1.7g for mass
47.5kJ for activation energy
What did you guys write for the recystalization and palladium catalyst question?
If that’s what you got from your graph, you should get that mark I think.
Original post by Hussain237363
For the activation energy I got 58kj? Would this still be fine ?
Reply 51
Original post by slily
got the same except the volume as 9.6 dm3 and 0.173g for mass.

(Original post by Beamomom)118 for MR
27.3 dm^3 volume
60.3% for yield
1.7g for mass
47.5kJ for activation energy

Yeah I got the 27.9 dm^3 or whatever but that’s calculated with the Mr of propane not bromopropane
DId u get any anomaly’s in the graph?
Reply 53
?was it ethyl flavonate or the other way round for the ester or flavyl ethanoate

I think it needs to be in a range from 47-49kjmol-1
Reply 55
So it’s wrong
It’s actually 9.6

It’s not the Mr of propane it’s the Mr of Bromopropane which is much higher, I made the same mistake
Reply 56
Original post by monisha e
What did you guys write for the recystalization and palladium catalyst question?

I said (and I think it might be wrong) that palladium acts as a catalyst in a similar way to platinum in a catalytic converter so it forms O2 and N2
In here I spoke about the adsorption and desorption theory
Original post by Dyzzle
I said (and I think it might be wrong) that palladium acts as a catalyst in a similar way to platinum in a catalytic converter so it forms O2 and N2
Original post by WASSSJA
?was it ethyl flavonate or the other way round for the ester or flavyl ethanoate

I did this wrong but i think is flavyl ethanoate cause flavanol has no carboxylic group
Original post by Dyzzle

I said something like active sites get blocked, won't be able to desorb and impurities attached to active sites too strongly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending