The Student Room Group

How do I revise for C4

I am in year 12 and C4 is my final exam. I have no idea what to do, my school really screwed me over :frown:, we only did chapters 5 + 6 (vectors + integration) and even those topics we only spent like 3 lessons on and I dont understand properly at all :frown:

I have a decent understanding of all the modules up to c3 and I think i did good in those exams. Anyone know what I should do? :frown: I really need an A in this exam.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Jonesyblahblah
I am in year 12 and C4 is my final exam. I have no idea what to do, my school really screwed me over :frown:, we only did chapters 5 + 6 (vectors + integration) and even those topics we only spent like 3 lessons on and I dont understand properly at all :frown:

I have a decent understanding of all the modules up to c3 and I think i did good in those exams. Anyone know what I should do? :frown: I really need an A in this exam.

do past papers?, and seriously 3 lessons in a year? you must be a pro skiver.
Jonesyblahblah

Why do you need an A a year early? Resit it in January.
Reply 3
Vectors are the biggest chapter so work through exercises on that.
the only way i find you can revise for maths is to do past papers and textbook questions....you just gotta practice practice practice...
if you find an easier way to revise, please let me know. i've been doing the above for all my maths exams and it works - because thats what maths is. practice.
Reply 4
read your textbook, follow their examples, do past papers and read the mark schemes...
Reply 5
Aryan101
the only way i find you can revise for maths is to do past papers and textbook questions....you just gotta practice practice practice...
if you find an easier way to revise, please let me know. i've been doing the above for all my maths exams and it works - because thats what maths is. practice.

Ditto
Reply 6
Aryan101

are you being serious? no its not about practice. it's about fully understanding all the concepts. If you do then any question will be doable, even without practice.
Reply 7
callum9999
Why do you need an A a year early? Resit it in January.

he could be doing further maths. or he may just love getting As
Reply 8
Adampolar
do past papers?, and seriously 3 lessons in a year? you must be a pro skiver.

No, I have 100% attendance, its because the school decided to give us study leave really early
Reply 9
Jonesyblahblah
No, I have 100% attendance, its because the school decided to give us study leave really early

Ok sorry, you have a textbook? unplug your internet and put your head in that book.
Reply 10
The problem is, when I do open the paper, i have NO idea what to do in some questions, none what so ever, so I am really uncomfortable with this exam, and I dont understand any way where I can revise effectively, the maths book is really rubbish at explaining the concepts properly, and chapter 6 is just, really hard I think
Reply 11
Best method would be to understand the basic concept and do as much past papers. Study markschemes. Understand why the results are attained.

The past papers help solidfy the concepts and understand how they want to be applied. That's the best you can do with short term planning.
Reply 12
You want to go from no understanding in c4 to a grade A in about 3-4 days. Tall order
Reply 13
Aryan101

I did this with every other module I did, it works, if you have some idea of what to do to start with, to improve on it and gradually get better, I dont see this happening, I have tried reading the book, no success, The only thing I think that I should do is visit my school before thursday and ask the teacher to go through C4 in the few days before the exam.
aster100
he could be doing further maths. or he may just love getting As

That won't stop you resitting C4 in January though.

If you have already done M1, the vectors chapter should be quite easy. You should probably focus on integration and differentiation.
Reply 15
callum9999
That won't stop you resitting C4 in January though.

If you have already done M1, the vectors chapter should be quite easy. You should probably focus on integration and differentiation.

I find M1 and C4 vectors quite different... very actually.
First of all....Get a C4 Specification. So that you know EXACTLY what you need to know.

And then, get a c4 textbook. (heinemann for edexcel!) and just try to learn the basic concepts of the specifications.

Once you feel like you're bored of the textbook or have had enough, start either Solomon papers, or Edexcel practice papers (that is, if you're doing edexcel).

Work through those, whilst referring to textbook.

Once you're fairly confident, immerse yourself in real past papers, like 2-3 days before your exam. That way you'll know what they like to ask and come to the exam, you'll be SO much more prepared.

Hope this helps!
Mos Def
I find M1 and C4 vectors quite different... very actually.

Really? We only did 1 or 2 lessons on it as it was meant to be more or less the same as M1 with a couple more methods on top.
Reply 18
I am doing further maths, but I really want an A in maths to declare it on my ucas... I dont want to apply for a maths course and put down that I couldent even get an A in maths.
Reply 19
Pastpapers + Markscheme + Book to reference data!

Naow! You have them?

Latest